Page 1 of 1

CD Changer Compatible?

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:53 pm
by sniderbox188
I just bought a 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition and I am going to put a head unit into it. The Explorer has a stock 6 disc changer in the arm rest. What deck can/should I buy. Are there certain decks that arent compatible with a disc changer? I was considering a pioneer premier.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:34 pm
by William from NOLA
http://www.carstereoexpo.com/fo.html
There is one for Kenwood and Alpine head units, but I don't see one for Pioneer.

http://www.installer-parts.com/auxin/
There are a few parts on this site, but nothing is really telling me that they will work, so I'd double check with that company before ordering.

^ those are fairly expensive for a freakin adaptor. I would either consider dropping the stock one entirely or getting an aftermarket one if you want one.

Typically, a manufacturer makes you buy their cd changer if you want to use it. Example: if you have a Pioneer deck, you'd need a Pioneer cd changer, with the above being an exception.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:41 pm
by sniderbox188
That is alot to think about haha! thanks alot for the help!