Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
CD Changer Compatible?
-
sniderbox188
- Junior Member
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:50 pm
CD Changer Compatible?
I just bought a 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition and I am going to put a head unit into it. The Explorer has a stock 6 disc changer in the arm rest. What deck can/should I buy. Are there certain decks that arent compatible with a disc changer? I was considering a pioneer premier.
- William from NOLA
- Posts: 5172
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Metairie, LA
- Contact:
http://www.carstereoexpo.com/fo.html
There is one for Kenwood and Alpine head units, but I don't see one for Pioneer.
http://www.installer-parts.com/auxin/
There are a few parts on this site, but nothing is really telling me that they will work, so I'd double check with that company before ordering.
^ those are fairly expensive for a freakin adaptor. I would either consider dropping the stock one entirely or getting an aftermarket one if you want one.
Typically, a manufacturer makes you buy their cd changer if you want to use it. Example: if you have a Pioneer deck, you'd need a Pioneer cd changer, with the above being an exception.
There is one for Kenwood and Alpine head units, but I don't see one for Pioneer.
http://www.installer-parts.com/auxin/
There are a few parts on this site, but nothing is really telling me that they will work, so I'd double check with that company before ordering.
^ those are fairly expensive for a freakin adaptor. I would either consider dropping the stock one entirely or getting an aftermarket one if you want one.
Typically, a manufacturer makes you buy their cd changer if you want to use it. Example: if you have a Pioneer deck, you'd need a Pioneer cd changer, with the above being an exception.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 
-
sniderbox188
- Junior Member
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:50 pm