I am in the market for a new navigation receiver. I am looking the Kenwood excelon dnx891hd or the pioneer avic7000nex. The Kenwood has 4 1/2 stars, 5 volt preamp outputs, the pioneer has 5 stars and 4 volt preamp outputs. Which one is better? Any help would be appreciated.
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Pioneer or kenwood
Pioneer or kenwood
Using Tapatalk
-
spinningbull
- Junior Member
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:08 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pioneer or kenwood
Im looking at the same ones, plus the pioneer 8000. Im installing them in a yukon xl denali, so dual zone (rear) is important. Would love to hear others opinions...
Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
- Chris from Washington
- Posts: 4671
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact:
Re: Pioneer or kenwood
I was actually looking at the Pionneers a while back, not sure if they changed them or not.
but what I didn't like was that they didn't use a capacitive screen on them. Looks like you need to go to the 8000 for that.
For a 1200 unit, it should have a better screen.
but what I didn't like was that they didn't use a capacitive screen on them. Looks like you need to go to the 8000 for that.
For a 1200 unit, it should have a better screen.
Re: Pioneer or kenwood
Think I will stick with kenwood
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Re: Pioneer or kenwood
I broke down and got a Kenwood excelon dnx691hd. Installed it in my 2008 dodge grand caravan sxt 4.0 minivan. Everything works great on it. I like the new streamlined GUI, I don't use the HDMI/mhl input. I love the new nav GUI, it 100% easier to use. I would recommend the excelon dnx691hd. Even the startup time is faster than the previous Kenwood excelon units.
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk