Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Complete Installation Help, Mitsubishi Colt

Post all your general car audio questions here.
elite_nutty
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Complete Installation Help, Mitsubishi Colt

Post by elite_nutty »

Hello :)

I really have little to no idea about Cars, but I'm a student, I'm not stupid, learn fast and I'd like to build my sound system back into my own car. Why back into my own car you ask? Well, I had an accident with my old car (Skoda Fabia) and before it got destroyed/ripped apart for parts I, with a colleague of mine, removed the sound system with all cabling etc. from the car carefully. Unfortunately we didn't have time to do it slowly and step by step as to see what goes where, which is why I need any help I can get and most probably step by step instructions along the way.

Is there someone out there that is prepared to help me with this?

I now have a little Mitsubishi Colt. What sound equip do I have? Well, I'm going to leave the current side speakers (left and right door) in the car because those were destroyed in the crash, but the rest of the sound system still works fine.

I can upload pictures of the cables, parts, etc. that I have if that helps... which it probably will because I don't know the correct name for everything, but this is everything as it was listed on the quotation (first installation):
  • JVC KD-R 711 Car HIFI
  • AIV 100576 Car Radio Installation Frame for Skoda Fabia
  • AIV 410603 SKODA Fabia / VW - Car Audio Adapter
  • AIV 430766 SEAT / Leon / VW Polo / Golf - Speaker Bracket
  • AIV 630394 Cinch Cable 500CM BLUE-S
  • Hifonics X3 Olympus 4-Channel Car HiFi Amplifier
  • Kicker 11 VS 12 L 32
  • Hifonics HFC 1000 Power-Stabilizer
  • ESX SX 25 WK (Cable/Wire Kit)
  • Renegade REN 2510 SC (Speaker Cable)
That's all of it.

Any chances someone can help me!? :D

Thank you in advance to anyone for taking the time to read through this and consider helping me.

Ciao,
Nicholas
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

Welcome to the forums, I'm sure we can help step you through it.
Did you already read some of the FAQs?

For the head unit, you'll want to get a adapter harness for your car. That way you won't need to cut any wires in the car to hook up the aftermarket deck.
Are you familiar at all with hooking stuff up?

This one might help with hooking up the amp.
elite_nutty
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by elite_nutty »

Hi Chris

Thank you for the quick reply!

The adapter you suggest sounds like a grand idea... I'm just not sure what to get there. I took some pictures to help explain what I have as I wouldn't know how to describe it:
Stromberg-20130905-00444.jpg
- New head unit (JVC KD-R 711 Car HIFI)
Stromberg-20130905-00444.jpg
- Old head unit, original that was in the car... also hooked up to a CD Player in the glove compartment
Stromberg-20130905-00444.jpg
- Cables coming from behind the head unit from within the car
Stromberg-20130905-00444.jpg
- Cables coming from behind the head unit from within the car

When you say, hooking stuff up... I studied IT, so I suppose I have a kind of basic knowledge but not really when it comes to cars :P

I'd love to get the headunit working for now even before I hook up all the rest, and then sort of move into phase 2 where I hook up the rest. Is it possible to do it like this?
Attachments
Stromberg-20130905-00446.jpg
Stromberg-20130905-00442.jpg
Stromberg-20130905-00441.jpg
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

What year is your Colt?
elite_nutty
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by elite_nutty »

1998
On the registration it says Type = CJ0
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

I just did a quick search and found this one
http://www.car-hifi-radio-adapter.eu/en ... iring.html

but I'm sure other places will have it closer.
I have a feeling most Mitsubishi's use the same one and are compatible with one another.

I'm just not familiar with that car so not sure.
elite_nutty
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by elite_nutty »

Okay cool, that definitely looks like it could work, thank you !! But what about those other 2 cables seen in the 3rd picture? The blue one and the other one which both slotted into the old radio... what are those for?

The black connector you posted an adapter for, thats always for power and audio?

If I order this adapter, I should be able to swop out the old head unit with the new and it should work, that's it?
elite_nutty
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by elite_nutty »

I also have this which seems to slot onto the top-right-connection-point in picture 1 (the back of my new head unit)... what is this for?
The attachment Stromberg-20130906-00448.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Stromberg-20130906-00448.jpg
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

hmmm,
Not really sure, is this your head unit?
http://www.cargadgetreviews.org/jvc-kd-r711
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

I think this is the user manual for that deck
Post Reply