Page 1 of 4

Tires

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:42 am
by falkenbd
So I picked up a set of tires on tirerack.

For some reason they were only $51 each when the cheapest I have found them locally is $135.

The reviews I've read show that they are decent. Anyone know anything about them?

BF Goodrich g-force super sport A/S

Supposedly good all year traction. My current tires have 57k miles (factory tires) and basically no tread. I've worn into the wears bars a little ways.

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:15 pm
by falkenbd
so get this... I look today and the tires (same exact size & model) are listed at $86 each - at the same place I bought mine from.

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:23 pm
by Bwcad1
yup. pretty standard lol. newegg does the same thing with there pc parts. one day my dream pc is 2400 next day is 2340 lol

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:27 pm
by falkenbd
so its about $25 a tire for mounting/balancing/valve stems on a 205/55/16 at about every place I've called - effin bs.

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 pm
by MobileAudio219
falkenbd wrote:so its about $25 a tire for mounting/balancing/valve stems on a 205/55/16 at about every place I've called - effin bs.
Take them to wal-mart, bout 10 bucks each...

or a mom and pop shop, they are usually the cheapest!

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:04 pm
by falkenbd
wal-mart will do it even if you don't buy the tires there???

what are the chances that walmart guys in Milwaukee (all the walmarts are getto) won't mess up something w/ my car??? especially after they see the 0 awg wire and subs/amps in the trunk.

The oil change guys always pitch a fit about my 0 awg - "like OMG OMG... thats some 0 awg right there, how expensive was that wire w/ the cover on it... you must get mad dbz..."

and then I tell them I have walmart subs since they know my address and all... (don't want to tempt anyone)

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:20 pm
by cargodz
At $25 bucks each, that still ain't bad since you saved a ton on the tires and any place (including Walmart) is going to charge you for disposal too and the damn State EPA tire fee and tax... So if they're willing to go $100 bucks on the rim and out the door it still ain't bad.

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:39 pm
by MobileAudio219
cargodz wrote:At $25 bucks each, that still ain't bad since you saved a ton on the tires and any place (including Walmart) is going to charge you for disposal too and the damn State EPA tire fee and tax... So if they're willing to go $100 bucks on the rim and out the door it still ain't bad.
Wal-mart charges $3.50 per tire for mounting and $5.00 per tire balancing. It's 2 bucks a tire to have them dispose of youre old tire...

So thats $10.50 x 4 so thats $42.00 bucks...

Use a fake address if your that worried about it...

Our wal-mart here does a good job mounting and balancing..

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=495845

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:57 pm
by falkenbd
Ya it was $25 a rim/tire including all fees. (not sure about EPA tire tax tho)

includes a free inspection and they check out the alignment. (then call you to tell you if it needs to be fixed)

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:59 pm
by falkenbd
they also have a Hunter Road force balancer - which is supposed to be one of the best...

I think thats why they charge so much.