wtf? alt whine
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:56 pm
I'm somehow getting alt whine like crazy, and how it happened is kinda complicated so here goes,
I have a jbl 4 channel front channel up to my comps, rear up to the sub. I miss being loud, so i bridged each channel onto each coil of the sub (dual 4) and a kid i met at college gave me a shitty legacy 2 channel for helping him install an alt that i was going to hook up to my comps. With everything off, i hooked up power, remote, and ground to the legacy (everything still hooked up on 4 channel) When i put the fuse in on the legacy, i noticed that the sub started to pulse like crazy
even though the only connection between the sub and the legacy was the remote wire, pos & neg (off of a distro block) I unhooked the legacy, and went back to my old setup, and when i did i got terrible alt whine while the engine was running (no wires were moved) If i hook up the rca's one at a time, the two that were hooked up to the jbl (front and sub) cause alt whine, however the pair not hooked up (rear) caused no alt whine, and a combination of the rear rca and anything else causes the alt whine to stop. (oh, no alt whine while car is off, or rca's unplugged, or rear rca's) So now i have no idea how to fix this, i've heard of peoples grounds going out on their rca's but dont know how to fix the problem.
I have a jbl 4 channel front channel up to my comps, rear up to the sub. I miss being loud, so i bridged each channel onto each coil of the sub (dual 4) and a kid i met at college gave me a shitty legacy 2 channel for helping him install an alt that i was going to hook up to my comps. With everything off, i hooked up power, remote, and ground to the legacy (everything still hooked up on 4 channel) When i put the fuse in on the legacy, i noticed that the sub started to pulse like crazy