Page 1 of 3
Head Unit Selection
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:45 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Well its been some time and I think Im prepared to buy another deck. Most of you know my last deck was a very high end McIntosh. This time around I have a budget of about $200 total.
Heres what Im looking at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0261889634
I miss the KD-AR770 I sold to Matt a few years back. That unit truly was awesome. This is basically the same unit but updated. True its nowhere near the McIntosh but its still a good unit. furthermore I see this unit has an DC-DC supply to help keep the current clean. I like that!
If anyone has any experience with this deck let me know. Any reason not to buy it?
Any other suggestions?
:help:
Hopefully the first of the month!
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:20 pm
by falkenbd
What features do you need? Or might you need in the future.
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:32 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
MP3, sd/usb, ifit could read an MP3 DVD that would be sweet...
multi band eq, 7 or 9.
I liked the 880PRS, but I think i liked my JVC better...
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:37 pm
by falkenbd
No need for active crossovers or time alignment?
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:59 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Nope. Time alignment narrows it down to what? 2 units? lol. one of which I already commented on.
I just felt the 880 was over rated.
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:42 pm
by sinister audio
Ive been out of the game for a little while but back when I was selling still I sold alot of arsenals and I never had one come back. For the money they are great. I also like Panasonic MXE decks.
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:02 pm
by cargodz
Once you told me you were pounding on your dash cause of the stock unit I knew this wouldn't be long away

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:10 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
It still might be awhile off. I see they have the best price on that unit for $230 shipped with the free install kits, which I dont need. I see they are open to offers also...
I looked around a bit and I found a few other sites and some used and customer bought BNIB for sale on the forums. Cant beat their price though. And I even considered the lesser models, but still cant beat the price.
I think Im going to offer them $160 without the install kits and see what they have to say. I can always up my offer

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:35 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Well they got a filter set up to reject bids automatically... So i emailed them direct.
Another option I just found on the local list is a JVC KD-AVX11, which is what I really wanted when I bought the AR7000. I found a used one locally for $120 asking, guys open for trades. So we shall see.
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:47 pm
by NorthQuad
I was looking at the AVX11 a few hours ago, online of course. It looks nice. Was $389 on sale in store.