Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Head Unit Selection
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Head Unit Selection
Well its been some time and I think Im prepared to buy another deck. Most of you know my last deck was a very high end McIntosh. This time around I have a budget of about $200 total.
Heres what Im looking at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0261889634
I miss the KD-AR770 I sold to Matt a few years back. That unit truly was awesome. This is basically the same unit but updated. True its nowhere near the McIntosh but its still a good unit. furthermore I see this unit has an DC-DC supply to help keep the current clean. I like that!
If anyone has any experience with this deck let me know. Any reason not to buy it?
Any other suggestions?
:help:
Hopefully the first of the month!
Heres what Im looking at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0261889634
I miss the KD-AR770 I sold to Matt a few years back. That unit truly was awesome. This is basically the same unit but updated. True its nowhere near the McIntosh but its still a good unit. furthermore I see this unit has an DC-DC supply to help keep the current clean. I like that!
If anyone has any experience with this deck let me know. Any reason not to buy it?
Any other suggestions?
:help:
Hopefully the first of the month!
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
MP3, sd/usb, ifit could read an MP3 DVD that would be sweet...
multi band eq, 7 or 9.
I liked the 880PRS, but I think i liked my JVC better...
multi band eq, 7 or 9.
I liked the 880PRS, but I think i liked my JVC better...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Nope. Time alignment narrows it down to what? 2 units? lol. one of which I already commented on.
I just felt the 880 was over rated.
I just felt the 880 was over rated.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
Once you told me you were pounding on your dash cause of the stock unit I knew this wouldn't be long away 
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
It still might be awhile off. I see they have the best price on that unit for $230 shipped with the free install kits, which I dont need. I see they are open to offers also...
I looked around a bit and I found a few other sites and some used and customer bought BNIB for sale on the forums. Cant beat their price though. And I even considered the lesser models, but still cant beat the price.
I think Im going to offer them $160 without the install kits and see what they have to say. I can always up my offer
I looked around a bit and I found a few other sites and some used and customer bought BNIB for sale on the forums. Cant beat their price though. And I even considered the lesser models, but still cant beat the price.
I think Im going to offer them $160 without the install kits and see what they have to say. I can always up my offer
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Well they got a filter set up to reject bids automatically... So i emailed them direct.
Another option I just found on the local list is a JVC KD-AVX11, which is what I really wanted when I bought the AR7000. I found a used one locally for $120 asking, guys open for trades. So we shall see.
Another option I just found on the local list is a JVC KD-AVX11, which is what I really wanted when I bought the AR7000. I found a used one locally for $120 asking, guys open for trades. So we shall see.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!