Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Sorting the good bad and ugly

Post all your general car audio questions here.
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

I would say at least good or highly recommended. I would like to use one :)

one day...
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

ya i would have a couple in my car but im not a dealer for them yet some day i will be. some day.
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

Looks good guys, only two things I noticed

in the sub section the manufactor (highly recomended) right below focal

and the link to send corections to is wrong
Fishy
Senior Member
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:29 pm
Location: Tamarac (Ft. Laud), FL

Post by Fishy »

Awesome list William.

Separating things into amps and such is going to make that thing a lot more useful. I guess Nakamichi h/u's still have enough reliability problems to not be categorized as "Highly Recommended" or did their SQ go down as well? and McIntosh and Denon aren't common enough brands for a list designed to help out the common newb.

I like it. Short and sweet.

:D

-Fishy
NaughtyTegRoc
Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 3:34 am

Post by NaughtyTegRoc »

Is there an absolute top 5 for each catagory?
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

its hard to pick a top 5 because of differences in installs/experience/products used/ personal prefference/ ect. the ones that are listed if you picked out one from the cat. you like you should be happy.
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

JeremyC wrote:Looks good guys, only two things I noticed

in the sub section the manufactor (highly recomended) right below focal

and the link to send corections to is wrong
LOL, I didn't realize that. I think when Basstronics copied the link, he didn't really copy the link, just what you see: http:://www.ljlsdjfdsf...oijsdf.htm (example) where the ... should have more info.
Awesome list William.

Separating things into amps and such is going to make that thing a lot more useful. I guess Nakamichi h/u's still have enough reliability problems to not be categorized as "Highly Recommended" or did their SQ go down as well? and McIntosh and Denon aren't common enough brands for a list designed to help out the common newb.

I like it. Short and sweet.



-Fishy

Thanks, but it wasn't all me. There were a few people who contributed.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
Fishy
Senior Member
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:29 pm
Location: Tamarac (Ft. Laud), FL

Post by Fishy »

I don't see any a/d/s stuff anywhere.

Too esoteric?

-Fishy
crzystng
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:00 pm
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Contact:

Post by crzystng »

I am not seeing anything about butler in the amps section? hehe how bout any thing with a zed audio board in it? lanzar opti drive? early models of course. profile? clarion? linear power? milbert? MMATS? mobile authority? (not ma audio) phaze audio? Alto Mobile? ample audio? autotek? mark antony? swiss?

subs: soundsplinter? atomic? SEAS? older tha punch classic seris from fosgate. hollywood sound labs? soundstorm? koiler(BAD) massive audio? ultra linear? ultimate? FUNKY PUPS RULE ALL LMAO

loudspekaers: peerless? eton? audux? fostex? AURA? phass? USD? illusion audio?

H/U: denon, rockford fosgate, kenwood eXcelon,
also I dont see anything relating to wiring? sup with dat?

jsut thought I would throw a few more brands in the mix here for ya ;)
tj80
Junior Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:02 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post by tj80 »

There was some discussion about Elemental Design amps earlier in the thread... but they never made it onto the list... they're getting fairly popular, due to the low price.. any thoughts of throwing it in there?

EDIT: um, sorry to revive an old thread, but better than starting a new one I guess... :)
Post Reply