Page 7 of 7
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:33 am
by Bwcad1
yea i would charge about the same about 60-80 take one of terrys!
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:57 pm
by Scocho
Thanks, I did go with Terry's.
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:14 pm
by smoker
thanks guys for the recommendations, not trying to step on anyones toes just trying to get a fellow board member hooked up.....
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:14 pm
by sinister audio
dosnt bother me one bit im glade he went with you.
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:28 pm
by smoker
cool, i would never try to take anything from anyone here, just wanted to make sure everybody was cool..........it worked out to be 46 dollars and change shipped to him so i think he got a pretty good deal.
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:33 pm
by Bwcad1
that is one hell of a deal! i couldnt have beat it!
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:38 pm
by Scocho
Yup, I can't wait to get it all going! I've never installed any car audio before, but Terry says it's not hard at all, so now he's got me considering it. I thought maybe I should have a pro at least install my head unit, since the warranty would be void if I did it myself, right?
I was also curious as to the wiring I should get (for an XS125.4 amp, bridged to the Comp 10, and the other 2 channels going to my 6.5"s). I'll be going with 4 gauge per Terry's advice, but I was wondering if anyone could suggest a decent place online to get what I need, brand suggestions, etc? Thanks!
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:40 pm
by ridr4lif
http://www.knukonceptz.com for all your wiring needs.
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:12 am
by smoker
but Terry says it's not hard at all
hehe i dont know if thats exactly what i said, i think we could walk you through it.....
i had a guy come in yesterday to fill out a job application and i was talking to him about his job experiences.....hes a welder which is cool but he doesnt know car stereo and when i asked if he was looking for sales or installation he said " i guess id rather install, its basically just twisting wires together so that sounds easy enough to me" i about crapped, i thought man if you had been here earlier while i tried to figure out the deadbolt system on an 85 3 series for keyless entry you would have burned the car down........
there is a lot of good help here though and i think you can do it with some guidance, after talking to you i think your smart enough to do it correctly
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:12 am
by Scocho
smoker wrote:hehe i dont know if thats exactly what i said, i think we could walk you through it.....
i had a guy come in yesterday to fill out a job application and i was talking to him about his job experiences.....hes a welder which is cool but he doesnt know car stereo and when i asked if he was looking for sales or installation he said " i guess id rather install, its basically just twisting wires together so that sounds easy enough to me" i about crapped, i thought man if you had been here earlier while i tried to figure out the deadbolt system on an 85 3 series for keyless entry you would have burned the car down........
there is a lot of good help here though and i think you can do it with some guidance, after talking to you i think your smart enough to do it correctly
Thanks for the vote of confidence, and sorry for misquoting you. Yup, it was more like "with guidance, you should be able to get through it." I've been spending some time looking through more installation-related threads throughout the forum, trying to get a better understanding of it all. Man, sorry for getting so far away from the original thread; I won't even be using that amp any more! But if anyone were to read through all of this topic, they would definitely see how helpful all the advice has been!