Page 7 of 9

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:10 am
by Mithrandir
Oh yeah if anyone was interested, i found out my current subs spiders are real weak (how there made) so pretty much if they blow this time im thinkin its not too much my fault. I think they will sound a lot louder in a big ole enclosure though. Im sure u guys would say so too, they call for a 1.25 but they are in an .80 probably one reason why they arent as loud.

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:45 am
by Justin from Detroit1
A sub blowing is almost always caused by operator error and not a build error.

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:27 am
by GlassWolf
sony subs.. after all that.

why does this remind me of busting your balls for 5 hours making a fancy dinner for a girl, and having her ask if you can jsut go out and get McDonalds instead?

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:34 am
by Mithrandir
I didnt say I was gonna get em, im probably not, sorry if im makin all u guys mad. Im probably gonna get some kicker compvr's and make a box, 2 cubic foot per chamber. If I can find someone to buy my smaller amp for 125 bucks.

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:37 am
by Mithrandir
Could u explain my error, cause i mean i have everything set up as good as I know how. I dont have the gain up too high, probably 3/8ths and I never turn my head unit up past 19, i really dont know what could have caused my subs, the infinitys to break. The ones I have right now are ok, i thought they were broke but it was just the trunk rattling lol.

UPDATE - The guy is gonna buy my amp, and im gonna help him get the same subs from crutchfield. Woo so ill be able to swap my subs with kicker comp vr's and then build a box for em.

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:31 pm
by Fishy
Don't do it.

Not having the right enclosure is your problem.

Go ported TO SPECS with what you have and then spend your money on some decent 6 1/2" components and an amp to power them. I think you will be amazed by the results.

3 1/2" Sonys? Hello?

-Fishy

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:19 pm
by lotas
Mithrandir wrote:Could u explain my error, cause i mean i have everything set up as good as I know how. I dont have the gain up too high, probably 3/8ths and I never turn my head unit up past 19, i really dont know what could have caused my subs, the infinitys to break. The ones I have right now are ok, i thought they were broke but it was just the trunk rattling lol.

UPDATE - The guy is gonna buy my amp, and im gonna help him get the same subs from crutchfield. Woo so ill be able to swap my subs with kicker comp vr's and then build a box for em.
FYI crutchfield is nearly 2x as expensive as other places, great customer service, but you are going to pay a lot more. personally I like to buy authorized, but im just letting you know if money is an issue.

i dont really understand if he is buying them or what the arrangement is, but whatever.

here is a Kicker Kx 600.1

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:54 am
by Mithrandir
Yeah basically im gonna swap mine out for kicker comp vr's at circuit city and about 120 bucks. Hes gonna buy my amp for 150 (so basically i dont pay any extra for the sub swap). Then ill have about 30 bucks left. Ill help him order the subs from crutchfield for 150 bucks same i was gonna charge him. Then we are all happy. I just have to build A box for the comp vrs, im definitly gonna go ported. then there is no way i wont have enough spl

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:53 am
by Fishy
Which Infinity's do you have?

If they're 4 ohm DVC I'd just keep em and run the vc's in series, subs in parallel for 600 watts @ 4 ohms. Knowing you you're going to want to use that 1200 watts eventually. It'd be a shame to give it up.

-Fishy

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:35 am
by Mithrandir
sadly they are svc. Ill be able to use my 1200.1 if i get the kickers and i wont really be losing any money. The kickers wont be gettin more than 450 - 500 watts daily, ill just be sure to keep the gain low and they should be ok. If I go ported I dunno, because the kickers are gonna be dual 2 ohm so its either 1 or 4 ohms dunno if they will be able to handle 450 - 500 ported.