Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Complete System Help

Post all your general car audio questions here.
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Them are some good answers. I have been saying all along the best bet is to go with the wiring harness. I just can not comprehend why you would want to cut the factory plug off or try to wing it with a DMM.

The simple fact is that all the newer cars have about 5,000 wires in them, most operating at 12V. To think you can sift through these wires and get the correct ones off the fuse block is nuts.

Furthermore if the plug is already gone and your trying to identify speakers as mentioned you will be there all NIGHT trying to figure out which wires actually go to the same speaker let alone phase.

I hope you can now see some of our frustration and why we are trying to get you to do the easy and smart thing, get the harness!

BuickFreak-
These are good answers. But if you have looked around the person askign the questions did not even know what coninuity is ;)

Lastly for as much credentials as you have and working for RF and all I would think you would be slightly more professional.

This site will remain clean with no mud slinging FYI.

:cheers:
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Locked