Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Stupid Issues
my thoughts exactly GlassWolf... EVERYONE knows its bad for you.. even worse for the people who dont smoke.. as i said, i can tolerate it, but id much rather not be around it..luckily some resteraunts have non smoking parts of the resteraunt.. and it isnt like you cant quit.. you can.. its all about will power.. whether or not you want too, is up to you.
-
solacedagony
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2171
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
- Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
- Contact:
Being a non-smoker, I fully agree with that statement. I mostly understand both sides of the argument but I have to more agree with this side of it. A smoker has a CHOICE to ruin his or her lungs while a non-smoker that's exposed to second hand smoke DOES NOT.GlassWolf wrote:I love the self-centered and thoughtless response of "If you don't like it, go away."
I spent a good number of years around a guy who was a total ass about smoker's rights, and pretty much lit up everywhere he could to irritate people as often as possible.
He used the same excuse, and it made for a lot of unpleasant meals, car trips, and so forth. You have to understand that what you're doing is directly affecting others. Your civil liberties end where mine start, and polluting my air is a violation of MY freedom to breathe clean air. I don't always have the option of walking out and going somewhere else. The notion of biker bars is cute, but in reality with current laws in place requiring establishments with a liquor license to serve a percentage of food per drink becoming commonplace, most bars ARE resteraunts these days, and have to be to maintain their license to sell booze.
Indoor smoke is actually a form of indoor pollution. Most homes and basic business buildings don't have full ventilation systems to move the smoke out. Thus, the chemicals and soot sit in the air until removed via: 1) A window, door or other opening in the building vents it outside or 2) Your body (lungs, nose hairs, etc.)
-
smoker
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4126
- Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: florence, ky
- Contact:
well your never going to get both sides to see eye to eye on this, it aint gonna happen, and thats ok, i understand now where you guys are coming from, in fact im going to start getting signatures now to make driving with less than maximum occupancy in a vehicle illegal, and noone will be allowed to own anything older than a 1990 model. i mean we need to cut down on pollution of all the air........
I can truly understand why people do not want a smoking section in a restaurant, heck I don't smoke anymore and do not want to be around it, plus I find that the smoking and non-smoking areas are 2 feet apart with 3 foot dividers and they try to suck the smoke out of the air and relocate it somewhere else. My main gripe is with banning the use in bars, and Toledo lost many businesses with their smoking ban, and other businesses like that. People and say well if the smokers want to smoke they can just stay home, well that should work both ways. I don't know why I keep responding to this, I don't smoke and could care less.
Smoker, I hope your law not to own a vehicle older than 1990 doesn't pass. I wouldn't be allowed to drive any of my vehicles, all carbed with no emissions crap on them, two came from the factory with air pumps and stuff.
Smoker, I hope your law not to own a vehicle older than 1990 doesn't pass. I wouldn't be allowed to drive any of my vehicles, all carbed with no emissions crap on them, two came from the factory with air pumps and stuff.
-
solacedagony
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2171
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
- Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
- Contact:
hahahasmoker wrote:well your never going to get both sides to see eye to eye on this, it aint gonna happen, and thats ok, i understand now where you guys are coming from, in fact im going to start getting signatures now to make driving with less than maximum occupancy in a vehicle illegal, and noone will be allowed to own anything older than a 1990 model. i mean we need to cut down on pollution of all the air........
-
brisgreat1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 485
- Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 7:43 pm
- Location: philly, pa
saying leave smoking at home is ignorant, if people wanna smoke they can smoke, it doesnt bother me personally. its a different story when its directly affecting me, but for the most part it doesnt directly change anything about what i do or how i do it. i hardly doubt having a beer with someone whos having a cigarette once in a while is gonna lead to lung cancer. im not looking to get flamed here im just saying i think bars and smoking go pretty much hand in hand, although im no longer a smoker, this is a touchy issue
- Chris from Washington
- Posts: 4671
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact:
I'm totally fine if a bar wants to have smoking, that's a place for adults who can choose to go or not go there.brisgreat1 wrote:saying leave smoking at home is ignorant, if people wanna smoke they can smoke, it doesnt bother me personally. its a different story when its directly affecting me, but for the most part it doesnt directly change anything about what i do or how i do it. i hardly doubt having a beer with someone whos having a cigarette once in a while is gonna lead to lung cancer. im not looking to get flamed here im just saying i think bars and smoking go pretty much hand in hand, although im no longer a smoker, this is a touchy issue
Smoking should not be allowed in malls, or restaurants where children who cannot make that choice will be.
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Most restraunts now are smoke free.
I havent seen a mall you can smoke in forever...So long ago I cant remember...
Smoking mostly happens in small business's where the owners smoke, factories, bars, clubs and bowling alleys.
Not anymore...
Yes I know it was up to us Ohioans to vote. I think havingt wo different bans confused people into thinking they had to vote for at least one, when in fact you didnt have to vote for either...
With this new deal, I bet you cant even smoke outisde in public... Havent really read into it as I dont smoke but cigars every sup great now and then... but still...
I havent seen a mall you can smoke in forever...So long ago I cant remember...
Smoking mostly happens in small business's where the owners smoke, factories, bars, clubs and bowling alleys.
Not anymore...
Yes I know it was up to us Ohioans to vote. I think havingt wo different bans confused people into thinking they had to vote for at least one, when in fact you didnt have to vote for either...
With this new deal, I bet you cant even smoke outisde in public... Havent really read into it as I dont smoke but cigars every sup great now and then... but still...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
- GlassWolf
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 6725
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Columbia, SC
- Contact:
almost funny, but face it. it's already illegal to run a car inside a building in most places. Even car audio shops with demo vehicles inside have to have the fuel tanks dry, so your attempt at humor falls a bit short of the mark. Besides, older cars are larger and carry typically more people, so they'd actually produce less smog per capita at full capacity.smoker wrote:well your never going to get both sides to see eye to eye on this, it aint gonna happen, and thats ok, i understand now where you guys are coming from, in fact im going to start getting signatures now to make driving with less than maximum occupancy in a vehicle illegal, and noone will be allowed to own anything older than a 1990 model. i mean we need to cut down on pollution of all the air........
As for my statement being ignorant, I disagree vehemently, and I illustrated very clearly my reasoning behind that statement. Smoking carries many of the same or similar laws to consuming alcohol. Particularly in regards to regulation and taxation. Just because we're finally becoming a more enlightened society about the harm smoking does, doesn't mean people aren't going to be opposed to change though.
As a non-smoker with an immune system deficciency, I'm glad to see smoking shift from the "cool thing to do to impress your friends" to the shunned, filthy habit that it really is.
The only reason there even is a tobacco industry to this day is due to the amount of revenue it generates for the economy.

GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
