Page 4 of 9
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:44 pm
by Bwcad1
yea amps are trash dump them
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:42 pm
by William from NOLA
BigMack6933 wrote:That only being 3 subs not 3 pairs lol
yea right, I know you want 3 pairs lol
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:47 pm
by BigMack6933
I would actually love 3 pairs If i got a deal on buying 6 subs.... well those Arc audio comps are only 50rms can I run them off my HU for a while so I can get a good amp for the subs? or will the lack of power damage them. and will that comp set keep up with three 12s? i might have to do three 10s so that it will fit corrected
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:02 pm
by joeyc
no running the comps off of the hu will not damage them
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:27 pm
by BigMack6933
What about them keeping up with three 10/12''s? hifonics has the Atlast Series comps on sale for the same price as the Arc audio ones, they are 150rms and the crossover allows for two sets of Tweeters
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:39 pm
by BigMack6933
What about this idea

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:42 pm
by BigMack6933
The problem I see with that amp, it says 600rms but only has a single 40Amp fuse.... will that amp actually put out like a hooker or did i pick another crappy amp
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:58 pm
by audiobass10
BigMack6933 wrote:The problem I see with that amp, it says 600rms but only has a single 40Amp fuse.... will that amp actually put out like a hooker or did i pick another crappy amp
You picked another cheaply made amp. Reference the good, bad and ugly list for further help on choosing quality equipement.
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:02 pm
by Bwcad1
a 40 amp fuse at 14.4v will produce 576watts at maximum
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:07 pm
by joeyc
why don't you just get one or two good 12"'s instead of 3 ok ones?
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fus ... ct_ID=2703