Page 3 of 4
Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:19 am
by MobileAudio219
He's never actually said that I would have to pay for anything, yet...
The inspector is coming out on today (tuesday) to see if it can be fixed or not....
The landlord has been real calm and understanding about it, it was his wife that was being a bit ignorant at first, but now shes being decent about it...
It was an accident, accidents happen... I'm way more willing to do whatever it takes to make both parties happy now that everyone is being civil... A little respect goes a LONG ways....
Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:49 am
by cargodz
That's cool... And I'm sure your landlord may even have more of bad feelings for you since your stang and 4 wheeler were worth more than his garage.
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:31 pm
by MobileAudio219
So both the insurance company and the building inspector have made there visits, heres what I've learned.
INSURANCE: The claims adjuster said that because it was indeed my fault, they could decide to recoupe their losses and sue me. However, he said because it was such a small amount he doesnt think they'll take any action, though it's not up to him... He said if they do decide to recoupe their losses they'll just set up a payment plan and it won't be a big deal... VERY NICE GUY!
BUILDING INSPECTOR: Said that it can be rebuilt, just have to replace the burnt studs, not big deal at all...
LANDLORD: Said he's going to go ahead and fix the garage up nicer... Told him I'd help pay the deductible, and he said if I just want to help fix the garage and haul off the old lumber and do some things around the house we'd just work it off...
SO, IT LOOKS LIKE EVERYTHING IS GOING TO WORK OUT GOOD.... THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:13 pm
by William from NOLA
That's good to hear. Hopefully it will go just as good as it is sounding.
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:45 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Cool. at least its a sensible outcome.
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:32 am
by cargodz
Glad to see that it looks like a reasonable solution from everybody :)
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:18 am
by MobileAudio219
And I went up to pick 'n' pull the other day and scored a gt 40 intake (upper and lower) for 35 bucks... They sell here locally for around 300ish... :happy055:
I'm going to start a ebay business selling car parts (mostly mustang.) Just need to figure out what steps I need to take to make it legal... any idea's?
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:31 am
by William from NOLA
I think you have to register it locally and I would register with the BBB. And... taxes... :P
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:31 am
by Ryan from Ohio
EIN, vendors license
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:15 am
by cargodz
You should be able to go to your local Auditors office and get your venders license and they'll get yeah set up with all the tax info... They'll be able to point you in the direction of other places that can help you get started too
