Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
So my garage burned down, with 4 wheeler and mustang inside.
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
So my garage burned down, with 4 wheeler and mustang inside.
I decided to go out and work on my four wheeler today. I got it from my uncle in unrunning condition a few weeks ago and had a little time so decided to tinker with it... Started it up, ran for about 2 second and back fired creating a little fire... No big deal, grabbed a towel and beat the fire out, well almost...
Towel hit the fuel line running to the tank to the carb knocking it loose, apparently it didnt have a clamp on it... Well that turned the little fire that wasnt a problem into a big problem....
Long story short, by time the fire deptartment got there (2 blocks away) it was cookin pretty good... Garage was about to fall down anyways, it had a good 6 inch lean to the right, but still waiting to hear from the landlord to see if he's going to try and make us pay for it...
Inside the garage was not only the 4 wheeler, but also my mustang... Both are totalled...
The landlord thinks the garage can be fixed pretty easy, but is waiting to hear from the insurance company...
But I did want to ask, am I going to be responsible for paying for the garage? He has insurance, but he said they would only insure it for like 2,500, and that the garage added 20,000 to the vaule of the house... Which I think is BS because it was literly about to fall down... What all am I reliable to pay???
Towel hit the fuel line running to the tank to the carb knocking it loose, apparently it didnt have a clamp on it... Well that turned the little fire that wasnt a problem into a big problem....
Long story short, by time the fire deptartment got there (2 blocks away) it was cookin pretty good... Garage was about to fall down anyways, it had a good 6 inch lean to the right, but still waiting to hear from the landlord to see if he's going to try and make us pay for it...
Inside the garage was not only the 4 wheeler, but also my mustang... Both are totalled...
The landlord thinks the garage can be fixed pretty easy, but is waiting to hear from the insurance company...
But I did want to ask, am I going to be responsible for paying for the garage? He has insurance, but he said they would only insure it for like 2,500, and that the garage added 20,000 to the vaule of the house... Which I think is BS because it was literly about to fall down... What all am I reliable to pay???
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
yeah, I could car less about the car or the 4 wheeler at this point. I do feel bad for burning down the garage, totally my fault, but it was about to fall down anyways. I was talking to my cousin (roomate) a yesterday about taking the car out to my uncles shop to finish it because the garage was pretty iffy...
R.I.P

R.I.P

- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
Nope, no renters insurance, we just moved in about 1.5 months ago....
Took the insurance off the car because I wasnt going to put it on the road until the end of summer... Yeah, smart...
He has insurance, but only like 2,500 or 3,500 dollars... He said the garage adds like 20,000 to the vaule of the house, though I dont see how because it was literly about to fall down...
If there wasnt a lean to it, I could fix the damage in a day, but with the lean its really not worth fixing...
The garage is sorta more like a shed, dirt floor, old wood sliding door, wood siding on one side, tin on the other... It was probably 15x20ft... The wiring involved indoor wiring running outside of the house, crosses through the air for about 3ft to the "garage", goes to a switch with controls 4 little light fixtures...
I'll take pictures in the morning...
Took the insurance off the car because I wasnt going to put it on the road until the end of summer... Yeah, smart...
He has insurance, but only like 2,500 or 3,500 dollars... He said the garage adds like 20,000 to the vaule of the house, though I dont see how because it was literly about to fall down...
If there wasnt a lean to it, I could fix the damage in a day, but with the lean its really not worth fixing...
The garage is sorta more like a shed, dirt floor, old wood sliding door, wood siding on one side, tin on the other... It was probably 15x20ft... The wiring involved indoor wiring running outside of the house, crosses through the air for about 3ft to the "garage", goes to a switch with controls 4 little light fixtures...
I'll take pictures in the morning...
OUCH!
And yeah the renter's insurance was the first thing I thought of... And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if his insurance company finds out it's your fault they may go after you to pay for the damages
And yeah the renter's insurance was the first thing I thought of... And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if his insurance company finds out it's your fault they may go after you to pay for the damages
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
He is full of crap $20K for a crap garage with a dirt floor... lmao.
My Unles garage was $42K, his cost- worth every penny too. Thats 2 cars big enough for 3, a bathroom, full upstairs... So $20K for dirt and lenaing, no way. Maybe $2-3K
Anyways, if he has insurance they will probably get in touch with you. Although you may have to sue him.
At any rate its an accident. It was purpose, it wasnt negligence.
My Unles garage was $42K, his cost- worth every penny too. Thats 2 cars big enough for 3, a bathroom, full upstairs... So $20K for dirt and lenaing, no way. Maybe $2-3K
Anyways, if he has insurance they will probably get in touch with you. Although you may have to sue him.
At any rate its an accident. It was purpose, it wasnt negligence.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
The "garage" was leaning and about to fall over. I was actually going to move the car out to my uncles this weekend because of the iffy condition of it...
I know it was my fault and will either fix it or tear it down for him, but as far as giving him anywhere near 20,000??? Yeah, thats not going to happen...
I know it was my fault and will either fix it or tear it down for him, but as far as giving him anywhere near 20,000??? Yeah, thats not going to happen...
I don't think the garage itself is worth $20K... More along the lines of it may bring up the value of the home 20,000 more... Heck for $20K I could have a pole building 30' x 60' w/ 14ft. ceiling, 4 bay doors, insulated, heated, & it's own 200amp electrical box wired.
So for a 2 car (I'm assuming that's what it was), one could be erected for around $4-5K for a nice one.
So for a 2 car (I'm assuming that's what it was), one could be erected for around $4-5K for a nice one.
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
