Page 3 of 3
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:40 am
by herndog
do you know what that 2nd one is tuned to? and would getting a custom box make it sound incredibly better or would a cheap one like that 2nd box be alright? I want the box to be as cheap as possible but I will spend more money if the cheap ones arent going to sound good
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:48 am
by CaptainPioneer
IMO a custom made box suited to fit that subwoofer is optimal... the differences you will see are basically some sq, and spl differences, as well as sealing... Most Q-logic boxes do not have problems with Seals, and the R/T's probably do. Also they use Partical board not MDf with R/T... Personally i like OBCON boxes but they are usually tuned above 40hz so your subs would bottom out... i think that the Q-logic is not a bad box for the money IMO. But still a custom made box would be better.
And no i dont know what that box is tuned to the R/T that is.
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:59 am
by solacedagony
Remember that subwoofers aren't just plug and play. The box you build for it will have an effect on its frequency response. So yes, money invested in a custom box specifically for your sub will be money well invested.
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:09 am
by CaptainPioneer
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:31 am
by MobileAudio219
herndog wrote:so would you guys be willing to build me one? if you are please give me a price and ill see what i can do. also, do you think a custom box would have much better sound than just one that i would buy at an audio shop?
I'd build you one if I didnt have to ship it... sorry
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:10 pm
by GlassWolf
well, I'm on lake MI, but I'm still like 6 hours or so north of you way up about two hours north of grand rapids.
I'd need the car for a day to do a decent fitted box.
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:58 am
by smoker
all those prefabs that say they are tuned to a certaing frequency are going to change when you put different drivers in it...its best to have one built for you.......what kind of vehicle is this going in?