Page 3 of 9
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:45 am
by Jonathan
SQ wise I'd prefer the JL if I could accomodate a ported box to bring out the low end in the sub. Small box, good low end, efficient: Choose two, that's the way it works

. Just the downside of that type of sub.
SQL for the money I'd go with the REs.
Look at Image Dynamics, too. IDQs aren't that much more than a W1v2 is, or you could consider a single IDQ 15" and port it.
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:55 pm
by BigMack6933
well crap, im no where closer on deciding then before LOL. I wasnt impressed with my SX 18'' so im sure alot of stuff can compare to it..whats the RMS on the RE 12''? three of those sounds nice... just fitting them in the mustang like want to may be an issue
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:59 pm
by sinister audio
you must of had somehting wrong with with the install or somehting. ill be doing 145dbs in my mustang with 1 sx and hopefully over 150 with 2.
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:05 pm
by Bwcad1
yea something was a lil screwy there. did you send it in for repair or what?
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:09 pm
by BigMack6933
No I just didnt like it. Its not that it wasnt loud, just something about the sub and i was very displeased. my biggest problem, I wanted a pair or RE 8''s for home use about a month back and I have left numerous emails and called RE 4 times and have gotten to email response and no answer on the phone. im kinda afraid to order from them and if the sub malfunctions, never be able to contact them for repair/warranty etc....
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:12 pm
by BigMack6933
but I like the Idea of Three RE 12''s on a 600D, something 2ohm stable cause If im not mistake three D4=2.67ohm load to the amp, the subs are 175rmsx3=525rms. so it seems like a 600d would be perfect
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:25 pm
by BigMack6933
Anyone think I can fit three 12'' about 1'' behind the seat opening on a 99-04 mustang and still all the subs be visible, Visonik VXD709 that amp is a600rms@2ohm and I was thinking the amp woulndt actually push 600 but the has 90amp in fuses so I think its capable of 600
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:05 pm
by BigMack6933
wwhat about that idea?
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:07 pm
by BigMack6933
That only being 3 subs not 3 pairs lol
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:42 pm
by sinister audio
looks good execept for the amps