Page 3 of 7

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:41 pm
by High Society
I dunno, if the 110watts at 12.5 then he should get some more juice out of it at 14.4

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:43 pm
by ridr4lif
I believe RF does rate their amps at 12.5, but with that low of wattage, then power gains will be pretty low, maybe 20 watts if your charging at 14.4 all the time.

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:53 pm
by High Society
Don’t crank your gains up all the way ether if your not happy with the results. You will only cause more damage. You will get a clipped signal, which will eat your sub alive.

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:56 pm
by Bwcad1
yea id have to agree i would say that its still less than 150 watts even at 14.4v

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:33 pm
by OnYrMrk
ok...the guys on here are kind of close minded...you know who you are...lol.

I would suggest Focal Access subs, but the sub alone will meet your max $$

so here is my .03 cents...try JL 12w1's. For a low powered amp...you cannot beat the sound. Don't do dual subs, your amp just doesn't have the needed oomph. Also check out Crossfire subs. We have two demo cars at the store I shop at...my car (Eclipse, Focal, Audison), and a Mustang Cobra (Eclipse, Crossfire). For what they are, low power seems to be best for their lower line.

I have only heard an RE once, and that sucker needed some power to truly let it come alive, and have yet to hear Elevation Audio. Although I might be putting some of their upper line subs and comps in my wife's car. I have an Audison VRX in layaway to power them.

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:53 pm
by Bwcad1
im not close minded ;) lol but for his price that sub would suit him well i think im gonna send you a comp 10 so you can hear the damn thing!

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:59 pm
by Scocho
Thanks so much again for all the help, everyone. I'm still leaning towards the Comp 12. I was thinking of maybe powering it with my RF for now, and once I get some more cash, I could get a new amp for the sub and use my RF to power my 6.5" speakers in the front...? Currently, my front speakers (Boston Acoustics RX67s) are running off the HU.
Bwcad1, thanks for the offer of finding a dealer close to me; I'd really appreciate it if you let me know if you find anything out. I'm in Nashua, New Hampshire 03064.
As for the box: I'd much rather have someone that knows what they're doing build it (I can only imagine what I'd do!) If there's anyone out there that would consider it, could you please give me an idea of how much it would cost?

Thanks again everyone!

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:32 pm
by Bwcad1
let me know how much you want to spend on an amp if you go that route i have one for sale still... ill talk to joe tomorrow

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:37 pm
by Scocho
I think I'll have a better idea of how much I'd be willing to spend on a new amp once I find out how much I'll be spending on the sub and box (and shipping). If I can find someone to build a box, that is... ;)
Sweet, I can't wait. I hope there's a dealer nearby...

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:05 pm
by OnYrMrk
[quote="Bwcad1"]im not close minded ]

I will pm you my address.... :)