Page 3 of 4
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:42 pm
by sinister audio
dont they come from the factory with a turbo and if he did win he probaly just passed some old guy crusing it around. i dont think it would it would be anywhere close to a race.
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:46 pm
by sinister audio
the neon does 0-60 in 5.8 and the new vette does in 4.2 and thats not even the z06
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:48 pm
by Jonathan
THe Z06 would walk all over it. Really, a stock 2005 Mustang would outrun it too.
It can be considered fair, saying that a Z06 has over double the engine displacement of a Neon.
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:59 pm
by taylor17
lol I knew it wasn't possable, unless he tried racing the Z06, and a white headed old lady was driving. No, on second thought, she still would of one.
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:04 pm
by Jonathan
The SRT-4 is fast for the money, though, it can hit 14s in the 1/4 and does 0-60 in around 6 seconds (if not slightly lower). For under $20k it's not a bad deal.
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:08 pm
by taylor17
No, its not a bad little car... its actually kind of nice I guess.
He actually only payed $11000 got it used... only had like 12000 miles on it too! Its the 04 SRT4.
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:14 pm
by sinister audio
its about 4gs difference between the srt4 and the mustang gt. i would deffintly take the gt for that little of a difference
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:41 pm
by GlassWolf
all SRT4s are turbo as far as I know, but Dodge's R/T division has MOPAR bolt-on parts you can order through the dealer to make the car a stage 3 rally contender with well over 350BHP and amazing suspension mods. They are venerable little cars if you do the work and put the money into them. Stock, no chance against a z06.
Fully modified, that'd be interesting to watch anyway. I've seen Neons with over 450BHP that looked pretty much stock from outward appearance, till you see the instrument clusters and full roll cage inside. Saying you beat anything usually doesn't man much unless you can prove the other guyw as really trying though, and you both started from a light at a dead stop.
I don't buy this rolling start crap, or flying by a guy sipping coffee and saying "I beat a Ferrari! with my Accord!" If it's not a head to head match, it's really hard to take it seriously.
If I race someone, it's at a strip, or they're going to know what's coming.. It's not going to be a "surprise! Find the gas pedal, fool!" kind of race.
.
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:52 pm
by audiocr381ve
More kiki humor :)
I test drove an SRT4 and it was great. I felt safe taking corners respectively hard. Acceleration was a bit jerky at some points but the ride was overall fun. I would buy a 2005 stang over it anyday. People respect stangs lol.
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:06 pm
by GlassWolf
some people might. :)
I respect whatever crosses the finish line first. ^_^