Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:16 pm
LMFAOkevinberry1 wrote:They also do not recommend using round or rectangular ports (not sure why).
octagon ports to the rescue!
A Car Audio Forum dedicated to providing our members with the best audio, video, and alarm troubleshooting.
https://caraudiocentral.net/forums/
LMFAOkevinberry1 wrote:They also do not recommend using round or rectangular ports (not sure why).
or... he read it wrong? Could have been a misprint?William from NOLA wrote:F them. :)
There is no reason why you cannot. They might be trying to get people away from prefab boxes that being the only reason I can see.
so don't follow the manual? lolridr4lif wrote:IMO...if you look in the kicker tech manual...just pick the right box that describes what you want. I built my box from the kicker tech manual, and it gets LOUD for a single 10" L7. The only thing i might recommend making a change to is the tuning frequency. I kno kicker recommends a tuning frequency of 38 for my sub...which is a little too high for my liking...im just too lazy to build a new box. Plus i would need to make the box a little larger to offset the port volume.
TEDD