Page 2 of 2
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:36 am
by ridr4lif
def let us kno if you ever get those wav files. i would def like to hear the car when it is finished. i'd rather hear it in real life but i dont live where u live so that will never happen.
TEDD
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:49 am
by GlassWolf
will do.
speaking of drivetrains, how's this for cool?
I have SpikeTV on the TV behind me, and Trucks! is on. Stacey is talking about building a new suspension for a Chevy Blazer and says, "For the new rear end, we went to Drive Train Specialists and had them build us a custom Dana 60 rear end with 4.88 gears <blah blah>" and I thought hey!! I was just standing in the DTS shop on Friday in Ionia, MI talking with their lead engineer/fabricator for about 90 minutes about building my new custom D60 rear end, too.. hahaha
I saw the ones on Trucks! and knew right away exactly what they paid for the rear ends haha I even saw a pair exactly like the ones on the show sitting on their floor, and took a picture of them.

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:51 pm
by ridr4lif
I want a dana 60. i dont know what i would do with it yet, but hopefully soon i will have a fullsize truck.
TEDD
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:18 am
by GlassWolf
well, a truck's D60 is a full float. I'm using a D60 semi-float for my car. different setup for a different application, but the basic rear end is the same "Dana 60."
In my case, I'm using a semi-float modified SureGrip LSD with 3.91 gears and 35-spline axles with 4.5"x5" bolt patterns so I can use my Cragar rims with the modified suspension, no tubbing, and still get the rear end to perform the way I want it to.