Page 2 of 3

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:25 pm
by jonnyb
Airforceyooper wrote:Pull an office space and burn the joint to the ground.
no no no....
steal all their staplers!

sorry to hear about your situation, corporates always sucks. its always about the shareholders, and the CEOs. screw em, i say

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:39 pm
by JASON96R
I have the same problem at Lowe's where they pay me poorly. We live in the same area and it seems that you were paid quite a bit better than me. I was getting 35-40 hrs a week every week during the summer in fact I had about 27 hrs of overtime in 3 months, but now they have me on 2 days a week 8-10 hrs a week. They switched me from Delivery, which I love, to Lumber, which I hate, with no warning they just started to put me on the lumber schedule. My Department Manager hands are tied, because the store is only giving him 50 hrs to split between 5 people. I talked to them about getting the raise I was supposed to have about 3 months ago, no because I switched departments, as if I had a choice. I talked the other day about getting a 2nd job, and if they would work with my schedule, and they said no I needed open availability; for 2 days a week with 4-5 hrs a night yeah right. I ended up turning my 2 weeks in last week. I now work delivering pizzas again where just as long I deliver 1 order a hour I will make more than I made at Lowe's.

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:16 pm
by cargodz
Kinda scary when you can make more money delivering pizzas (hell even McDs for that matter) then you do after any dedicated time at a job... Well I guess both of us lose our hardware store discounts.

And as far as the Buick... We can just pull it in one of the back doors ;) And rattle everything off the shelves :D

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:56 am
by breakjunki
I just want my stapler, my red swingline stapler :thumbsup I vote office space em... Thatsa shady deal though although alot of big omaonies even around here seem to be doing it even cuting back full time employees to just under the insurance needed hours..

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:34 am
by Ryan from Ohio
cargodz wrote:Wouldn't scare them a bit since everybody had to sign a non-union paper before we started...
Fine then. I will call them and arrange a vote for you :)

So what you signed an illegal piece of paper... They cant do that... If they tried to do anything with it the Union would put up lawyers and the ACLU would probably put a hurting on them...

http://www.ufcw.org/about_ufcw/organizing_101/index.cfm

I would read that a bit then talk to your coworkers and band together and do it.

Its happening to more than just you. Make them pay for that BS...

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:35 am
by cargodz
Well with only a week and a half left it would be a battle that I probably wouldn't want for the long haul, but it is good info for anyone else that's interested...
Here's something funny though... My Boss yesterday after I left went around to everyone asking them if they were interested in the position since I was leaving... And every one of them turned him down, cause they feel it would be backstabbing me :) Makes me feel good about my fellow employees at least.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:39 am
by Bwcad1
unions suck.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:47 am
by JASON96R
Cargodz, funny you mention making more and Mickey D's, the one almost in the same parking lot infact their employees use are parking lot to park start off making around 10-20cents more and hour than we do at Lowe's. The discount doesn't matter to me I do no home repair, as I live in a Apt. and the appliances which would be about my only interest, I can get most for cheaper at ABC Warehouse even with my discount. Dont mock pizza delivery just as long as you have a good MPG car that happens to be a beater it can be a great job. I chill out most nights BSing and can still swing around $15/hr.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:52 am
by cargodz
I'm not mocking Pizza delivery... Heck I think I give them pretty good tips ($3-5 bucks, pending wait)... I was just using it as a comparison to me spending 2 years at a company and getting shafted on pay.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:54 am
by cargodz
Although for me I did like the discount... especially on MDF, screws, and such.