Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
The Quest for Knowledge
-
solacedagony
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2171
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
- Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
- Contact:
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Agreed, lets not discuss the issues, lets just get some topics.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
I am with most of you guys on speakers, I can throw something together and make it work as well. I just want to know exactly how all the different speaker parameters affect the sound, and what each parameter describes. A lot of that, I suppose, has to do with electronic knowledge that I am so ignorant about. ALSO, I would like to delve into amplifiers. John Alvarado told me to search out "Slew Rate" and "Dampening Factor", then study up on that. He said that would help one to understand some of the working of the amps and how it can affect the performance. Of course those two aspects are just touching the surface I'm guessing...
Morel Elate 3-ways ran by a Genesis Series III Dual-mono, Morel Ultimo ran by an Autotek mm3000.1, Alpine DVA-9861
JC's Customs
For all your stereo wants.......
JC's Customs
For all your stereo wants.......
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
from what ive read, both are about meaningless...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
slick94prix
- Senior Member
- Posts: 160
- Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:58 am
- Location: Maumee
i mainly lack in the area of fabrication. I know enough about audio in general to put a half decent system together for my self or someone else- and install for my self and others.. but if you gave me thorough box plans, and some tools, and left me for a few hours, well you'd come back to find that the sheet of MDF you left me is now several piles of disturbingly ugly cut scrap board, and the saw and tools are scattered across the floor, broken.
lol
lol

- Keith
-
slick94prix
- Senior Member
- Posts: 160
- Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:58 am
- Location: Maumee

