Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

The Quest for Knowledge

Post all your general car audio questions here.
solacedagony
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2171
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
Contact:

Post by solacedagony »

Looks like we got A LOT of topics already. Shall we get started? :)
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

i lack knowledge on sq mainly i know nothing about proper sq i know enought to make customers happy but audiophiles would probably shoot me.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Agreed, lets not discuss the issues, lets just get some topics.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
joeyc
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Tulsa

Post by joeyc »

I am with most of you guys on speakers, I can throw something together and make it work as well. I just want to know exactly how all the different speaker parameters affect the sound, and what each parameter describes. A lot of that, I suppose, has to do with electronic knowledge that I am so ignorant about. ALSO, I would like to delve into amplifiers. John Alvarado told me to search out "Slew Rate" and "Dampening Factor", then study up on that. He said that would help one to understand some of the working of the amps and how it can affect the performance. Of course those two aspects are just touching the surface I'm guessing...
Morel Elate 3-ways ran by a Genesis Series III Dual-mono, Morel Ultimo ran by an Autotek mm3000.1, Alpine DVA-9861

JC's Customs
For all your stereo wants.......
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

from what ive read, both are about meaningless...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
slick94prix
Senior Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:58 am
Location: Maumee

Post by slick94prix »

I don't know the most about enclosures, I'd love to learn what Ryan does and knows about them.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

i love designing enclosures.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Darthness
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3706
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:54 pm

Post by Darthness »

i mainly lack in the area of fabrication. I know enough about audio in general to put a half decent system together for my self or someone else- and install for my self and others.. but if you gave me thorough box plans, and some tools, and left me for a few hours, well you'd come back to find that the sheet of MDF you left me is now several piles of disturbingly ugly cut scrap board, and the saw and tools are scattered across the floor, broken.

lol
Image
- Keith
slick94prix
Senior Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:58 am
Location: Maumee

Post by slick94prix »

I'm an awesome fabricator. Just practice a little, you'll definately get better.
Darthness
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3706
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:54 pm

Post by Darthness »

honestly, i'm just goign to pay bill to do my boxes. i'd buy a table saw but i don't have space for it..
Image
- Keith
Post Reply