Page 2 of 4
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:23 am
by Darthness
carpc?
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:40 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Take out your radio and have a look around. Meausre it up.
That or if you get lucky enough to find someone with a Camaro thats done this (camaro board?).
Its nice to see your still working with the Camaro. So when you gonna upgrade/overhaul the system? Go with something more SQ based

You know you wanna...
You know it.
:)
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:09 am
by Chris from Washington
Ya been posting on the Camaro forums, and so far nothing
It's going to be awhile until I get a system going, I want to wait till after it's all painted etc. So at least a couple years, but I've been trying to brainstorm as to what to put in there.
Subs will most likely be something from FI, been looking at the Q series.
mids/tweets don't know yet.
head unit I've been looking at those Eclipse units, I think you posted a link to a Ebay auction a few months ago, and I liked how it looked. If I can find a way to get it to fit, then I'm going to do it.
Ya, it's been fun working on the ol Camaro again. The new dash and all new carpet has really made a difference.
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:13 am
by Chris from Washington
something like this would be nice, if I can find a way to make it fit.

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:40 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Spare dash and fiberglass...
hehe
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:04 am
by Darthness
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:31 pm
by Chris from Washington
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Spare dash and fiberglass...
hehe
Ya I've been thinking around those lines, but not really sure yet.
The radio trim piece is seperate from the dash, so I can cut it up and if I mess up. No biggie to get another one.
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:33 pm
by Chris from Washington
That looks pretty nice, I wish my dash was more like that.
It's that angle the radio goes in on the 3rd gens I'm worried about. I'm affraid the double dins, might hit the floor in the back of the unit. Causing it to stick out too far.
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:45 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
My dad had an 82, so Im trying to remember how it looked. I think you will have enough room as the radio wasnt angled any if much, so I dont think it will hit the hump
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:21 am
by Chris from Washington
Got some responses on the Camaro forum, they are saying it's not possible to put that in the stock location.
Anyone have the dimensions of the Eclipse AVX2404 ?
Looking at Eclipse's website, the AVN5495 is 7 x 4 x 6 1/2 (w x h x d)
So when I get some time, I'll have to go out and see how that measures out in the car.