Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Anyone ever seen a double din in a Camaro?
- Chris from Washington
- Posts: 4671
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact:
Anyone ever seen a double din in a Camaro?
Just wondering if anyone has ever seen a double din in a 3rd gen Camaro (82-92)?
The opening is a 1.5 din, and just wondering if anyone else has seen where someone has modified it to fit a double?
Like to see some pics if anyone knows of any?
The opening is a 1.5 din, and just wondering if anyone else has seen where someone has modified it to fit a double?
Like to see some pics if anyone knows of any?
-
smoker
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4126
- Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: florence, ky
- Contact:
you can do it, i dont have pics but it can be done, i just recently put a double din in a cadillac that has that same din and a half opening and all i did was make an mdf trim plate that flushed into the opening of the dash and had the cutout for the faceplate, of course you gotta bevel the edges so tthe face will open...
- Chris from Washington
- Posts: 4671
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact:
We did something similar once on an Oldsmobile with the din+1/2...
Took a double din installation kid and molded it to the cut out dash... that looked good... the kid couldn't even tell we cut the dash, he thought we just glued it on to the dash... sorry no pics of that one either.
Took a double din installation kid and molded it to the cut out dash... that looked good... the kid couldn't even tell we cut the dash, he thought we just glued it on to the dash... sorry no pics of that one either.
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
- Chris from Washington
- Posts: 4671
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact:
well it's not the one that I did, but I did a search for ya, and it is in a camaro.Chris from Washington wrote:Ah man, I want to see pics :)

so now you know it can be done :happy055:
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
- Chris from Washington
- Posts: 4671
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact:
That looks like a 4th Gen.
But from the sounds of it, getting it to fit the opening can be done. Now I'm wondering if a double din, will fit all the way into the dash without hitting something.
The 3rd Gens mount at an angle, and are really close to the floor.
I guess I'll need to get the measurement of whatever unit I want, and see if it will fit all the way in there without hitting the floor.
Sure hope it fits, I've been looking at the Eclipse units, they look pretty nice. Pioneer I think makes a similar unit too.
But from the sounds of it, getting it to fit the opening can be done. Now I'm wondering if a double din, will fit all the way into the dash without hitting something.
The 3rd Gens mount at an angle, and are really close to the floor.
I guess I'll need to get the measurement of whatever unit I want, and see if it will fit all the way in there without hitting the floor.
Sure hope it fits, I've been looking at the Eclipse units, they look pretty nice. Pioneer I think makes a similar unit too.
Yeah it is a 4th Gen pick, but it is a double din where a din+1/2 should be and I thought it might just help boost your imagination for what can be done with yours :)
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
- Chris from Washington
- Posts: 4671
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Washington
- Contact: