Page 2 of 4
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:45 pm
by audiobass10
I like the idea of the 8's. If I was in your situation with the budget you appear to be on I would go with a wall of 4 RE 8's. They should be fairly lound and sound good while doing so. I should be getting my RE 8 tommorow. I'll post a review on it once i get an amp for it and throw it in my jeep.
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:52 pm
by Scarrell
yeah four 8"s would do nice behind his truck... with about a 100rms to each... sound very nice i bet. along with some nice speakers... be a pretty good setup for a reg cab truck.
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:31 am
by audiobass10
Email
[email protected] for prices shipped to you on the RE8's if that's the route you decide to go. Personally I think that would be an awesome setup. 100rms per sub will really get those things moving. Also should be pretty nice on your wallet as well.
...
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:24 am
by diceman1000
the guy says he has limited space...check in to elemental designs.their 10's will work in as little as .3 cubes,and they are just as good as anything else that is beimg recomended,they also make amps...you can buy a pair of kv2 series drivers,10's,12's,or15's and a nie.1 amp,which is a class d mono sub amp that is rated at 400wrms@4ohms,800wrms@2ohms,and1200wtms@1ohm,all at 12.5 volts,you can get the subs and amp shipped to you front door for $485,and as i said before,they are just as good as anything else that has been recomended,they have a three year warranty,and in my opinion,unbeatable customer service,i only know of on person who has ever had a problem and that is ryan from ohio,and btw,eric doesn't woek there anymore ryan...you can check out elemental designs here...
http://www.edesignaudio.com
just my thoughts...
Damon
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:07 am
by Ryan from Ohio
I would reccomend the RE or Adire subs.
JL Audio also, they are time tested and proven.
As for amplifiers your best bang for the buck still stands with the JBL BP line.
Whats your budget? I assume 6" is the maximum including the box...not good, but doable :)
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:12 pm
by Scarrell
hmm, what year is your Chevy? i have a friend with a 92' and we have had three 12"s back there(ofcourse the seat up) but also three 10"s comfortably... now this isnt a Ford Ranger reg cab. so i know you got some room :tongue009 unless its an S-10, but you can fit 10"s back there too.
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:53 pm
by audiobass10
I just got my RE 8 today...I'm very impressed. It weighs alot more than i expected it too. I was comparing it to one of the 12" MTX 4000 subs I have and i think the RE8 might outweigh it. I can't wait to listen to it
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:58 pm
by wattage999
its a 96 Sonoma, ive calculate a box that would fit (losing some leg room thought) the bottom depth is 10", top depth is 4", 12.5" tall, and it would be about 16" wide. This will fit about a 6" deep sub
I went to one of the local audio shops today and looked at their MTX line-up, im considering going with the Thunder 8000 T1244A and Thunder 500D amp
sub=
http://mtx.com/caraudio/archive/2003thunder8000sub.cfm
amp=
http://mtx.com/caraudio/archive/thunder500d.cfm
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:26 pm
by Scarrell
id still say RE 8"s, you'd be suprised what these little guys can do.... but thats up to you...
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:23 am
by ridr4lif
i havent heard mtx 8000's but ive heard that they arent that good for the $$$. I'd stick with Scarrell's idea and get the RE 8's or 10's.
TEDD