Page 2 of 4
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:14 pm
by cargodz
Probably worth checkin out Walmart if they're that cheap... And yeah I'm sure the epa thing is in there somewhere (if you even have it for your state)... Ohio's is a buck a tire that goes to the state for pretty much nothin

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:27 pm
by MobileAudio219
cargodz wrote:Probably worth checkin out Walmart if they're that cheap... And yeah I'm sure the epa thing is in there somewhere (if you even have it for your state)... Ohio's is a buck a tire that goes to the state for pretty much nothin
I dont know, here you can take the tires pretty much anywhere and get rid of them for 2 bucks a piece...
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:53 am
by falkenbd
So, the tires are getting delivered today, after ordering on Monday - faster than I ever thought it'd happen. Kudos to tirerack
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:29 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Ive always taken my tirerack tires to Wal Mart without a problem.
Between me and the family now 4 sets this way. With Walmart you get FREE rotation on your tires. Its worth it...
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:59 am
by falkenbd
I'll try to take them to walmart tomorrow night then. I don't trust the people that work there, but I guess farm'n'fleet can't be that much better and I've trusted them.
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:26 pm
by Tim
my dad gives all his tire biz, to wal mart. I know if you buy the tires there they give you the receipt and you can go to a wal mart anywhere and get it replaced if you happen to be out of state when you need it. Don't know if works the same with other stores tires or not though.
The got decent prices on all there tires, and tire services though. I think you will be alright.
Tim
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:26 pm
by MobileAudio219
Tim wrote:my dad gives all his tire biz, to wal mart. I know if you buy the tires there they give you the receipt and you can go to a wal mart anywhere and get it replaced if you happen to be out of state when you need it. Don't know if works the same with other stores tires or not though.
The got decent prices on all there tires, and tire services though. I think you will be alright.
Tim
Their warrenty is like an extra 15 bucks a tire... and its usually a bitch to get them replaced under warrenty, and after so many miles its pro-rated anyways...
The tires I usually buy are about 60 bucks a piece (or the price of the warrenty.) Most flats are from nails/screws and usually patched, which is like a 10 dollar fix. Even if one of the tires need replaced, I still saved 60 bucks by not getting the warrenty (most of the time they screw you anyways) so theres the money for a new tire..
And most of the time I dont keep a car long enough for it to matter anyways.... :happy055:
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:27 am
by Tim
MobileAudio219 wrote:
And most of the time I dont keep a car long enough for it to matter anyways.... :happy055:
you make a good point LOL
Tim
Tires
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:18 am
by samuelclinton
Minimum tread is 3/32. If you take a penny and insert it into the tread. If you can see the top of Lincoln's head then the tires need to be replaced.
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:13 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Holy old thread batman!