Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Vega V Max
Vega V Max
I have been out of the car audio scene for @ 10 years. I am now going to put a system together. I've always ran vega subs. They always needed 2/2.5 cu. ft for the 12's vented. I just got 4 V max 12's dvc. The spec sheet says .75 sealed or 1 cu. ft vented. This sounds too small. Does any one have any input, or soft ware to figure an enclosure for me. I have 15 cu. ft. of space I can use. Will be pushing them with 2 orion 2150's. Thanks for any help
Don't know how I missed this one... and sorry bout not getting to it sooner.
For your V-max 12 the recommended vented enclosure is for smallest allowable recommendation... I know they should really define that better.
You may want to try WinISD to try some different configurations to give you a better idea
For your V-max 12 the recommended vented enclosure is for smallest allowable recommendation... I know they should really define that better.
You may want to try WinISD to try some different configurations to give you a better idea
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
-
breakjunki
- Senior Member
- Posts: 297
- Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 2:36 pm
- Location: Ocala,Fl
IMO , I think Vegas get forgotten about as a relativly good street beater. They get loud as hell, and are built pretty well. I've had a few pairs, both the old red and black vegas from like 10 years ago, and the new v-max. You can find the 12's for less than $130. And a pair would be loud enough for "most" sane people..
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
I dont think they are anything bad. They look to be of decent quality. Nothing stands out in a positive or negative matter. Just a good sub at a reasonable price.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Agreed... The V-max is a great daily pounder and can get loud without a ton of power... Now to get really loud you gotta step up to the Stroker and Stroker Pro.
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
-
colemanyoungerinalaska
- Senior Member
- Posts: 806
- Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:26 am
- Location: alaska
-
CaptainPioneer
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 3389
- Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
- Location: Monroe, CT
- Contact:
-
breakjunki
- Senior Member
- Posts: 297
- Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 2:36 pm
- Location: Ocala,Fl
as to above comment :) why would you think I was assuming bill?
I like the older redish/black vegas alot, but who knows that was like 10 years ago. I might think they suck now.. But the new ones are solid to. I honestly remember alot of the old subs I had getting loud, but compared to brands I've beaten on in the last few years, I'm not sure how they'd hold up..
I like the older redish/black vegas alot, but who knows that was like 10 years ago. I might think they suck now.. But the new ones are solid to. I honestly remember alot of the old subs I had getting loud, but compared to brands I've beaten on in the last few years, I'm not sure how they'd hold up..
The new ones will still hold their own quite nicely 
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer