Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Eclipse deck with a question?

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
Customgamer1
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:07 pm

Eclipse deck with a question?

Post by Customgamer1 »

I have a Eclipse CD2000 HU and found on Crutchfield a HD audio box from kenwood for only $200. Now if I were to buy it would it work with my eclipse deck? Because I would not want to spend the rip off price of $450 on the Eclipse one. That to me is a rip off lol.

Kenwood:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QO7B4q7Te0 ... h=hd+audio

Eclipse:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QO7B4q7Te0 ... h=hd+audio

Thanks for the help!
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

No i won't
Darthness
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3706
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:54 pm

Post by Darthness »

why even bother with hd radio....try looking around on ebay or something for a used eclipse one, maybe you'll find agood one for a decent price.
Image
- Keith
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

HD radio sucks in my opinion all you are buying is supposed "better radio quality" which is only still cd quality at best, and information scrolling on your HU that tells you what the song is and who its by and what radio station you are on... NOW that is a rip off
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
Customgamer1
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:07 pm

Post by Customgamer1 »

Captain I agree with you! I was just looking for a cheap HD set up. But since it's new the prices are still very high. And I was thinking that when I get good speakers I will want as good of sound quality as I can get from my speakers! So maybe in a year or 2 the prices will come down under $200 and then maybe I will pick one up!

Sorry I really need 10 posts so I hope you don't mind me posting a few more!

The reason why I don't post much is becasue I am a new to car audio and I would like to see the pictures but I need at least 10 to see them :(

So this is my last one!!! I hope to learn a lot so I can post some more!!!
Post Reply