Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Kicker L5 vs. L7
-
Worst Nightmare
- Member
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:21 pm
- Location: Austin, TX
Kicker L5 vs. L7
Any major diff? I've purchased a TS10L7 today that is 2ohm imp to replace my 4ohm imp TS10L5.
I know my Kicker 700.5 amp will double power to 420w, but other than that, are there major differences between these two subs?
Because the 2ohm imp enclosure will get twice the power, I may never be able to do an equal comparison.
And are these subs the same size? I may purchase another 10L7 to replace the 10L5 in the other enclosure.
I know my Kicker 700.5 amp will double power to 420w, but other than that, are there major differences between these two subs?
Because the 2ohm imp enclosure will get twice the power, I may never be able to do an equal comparison.
And are these subs the same size? I may purchase another 10L7 to replace the 10L5 in the other enclosure.
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
-
Worst Nightmare
- Member
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:21 pm
- Location: Austin, TX
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
-
Worst Nightmare
- Member
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:21 pm
- Location: Austin, TX
- swimmerdude
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1131
- Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:08 pm
- Location: Michigan
- Contact:
WHAT!?!?!Worst Nightmare wrote:ewwww! some of the products you prop, other that JL and DLS I haven't found to be better than Kicker.
My opinion....
Kicker has alright products, they can get loud, but all the square subs sound like junk. The cvr's are good budget street beaters. Every compared the sq of a kicker product to a Bravox.... there is no comparison there. Ever heard an MT, i havent, but they are awesome for competition. And TC Sounds can kick anyones butts!! For the price of their drivers, they can't be beat!!
-
Worst Nightmare
- Member
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:21 pm
- Location: Austin, TX
Sounds like some Kicker haters here. I have their 700.5 hybrid amp, Alpine 9857 HU, Kicker KQ5 preamp/5 band quasi-eq, BA Z6 seps in doors/pillars, and 10L5/L7 subs and think it sounds GREAT!
I've heard dynaudio, JL, Focal and all other brands at my local audio shops, my system sounds VERY good to me :) .
I've heard dynaudio, JL, Focal and all other brands at my local audio shops, my system sounds VERY good to me :) .
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
then you must not have experienced them, used them correctly or have what we in the business call "stupid ears"Worst Nightmare wrote:ewwww! some of the products you prop, other that JL and DLS I haven't found to be better than Kicker.
My opinion....
We're talkin' SUBS here. My component set is BA Z6. I know, not the super "SQ" sets everybody props, but very good nonetheless.
-
Worst Nightmare
- Member
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:21 pm
- Location: Austin, TX
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
bad sinster, bad...
Actually I believe the L7's have won a few sq comps, its all in the install...
It doesnt matter if you or I like the L series, it only matter that he does...
Now, on to your question... With that amount of power it wouldnt surpise me if the L5 is a little louder...
And Worst Nightmare, that comment is a little out of line... We try to be nice around here, even though I agree that your question could of just been answered...
Actually I believe the L7's have won a few sq comps, its all in the install...
It doesnt matter if you or I like the L series, it only matter that he does...
Now, on to your question... With that amount of power it wouldnt surpise me if the L5 is a little louder...
And Worst Nightmare, that comment is a little out of line... We try to be nice around here, even though I agree that your question could of just been answered...
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]