Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Fake Eclipse amp??
Fake Eclipse amp??
hey ya'll. i just bought an eclipse amp on ebay and i just noticed something odd. The Eclipse logo badge is located on the right side of the amp, and every picture i see of the amp online shows the badge on the left side and not placed as close to the edge as the one i bought. check out these pictures:
just won: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... sPageName= STRK:MEWN:IT
picture of the 32440:
http://www.canze.org.nz/reviews/index.c ... ct_ID=1089
if you look closely at the side view of the amp in the auction you can see the "32440" but i'm somewhat wary about the different placement of the badge. could it have changed from one year to another?? thanks for you help. i dont want to get screwed!!
just won: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... sPageName= STRK:MEWN:IT
picture of the 32440:
http://www.canze.org.nz/reviews/index.c ... ct_ID=1089
if you look closely at the side view of the amp in the auction you can see the "32440" but i'm somewhat wary about the different placement of the badge. could it have changed from one year to another?? thanks for you help. i dont want to get screwed!!
that's what i was hoping. wasnt sure if it was common for "fake" amps to be sold. i've never really heard of it, but i really just got into car audio so i'm not that experienced. the 100% feedback does make me feel better, but it seems like all the seller sells is sports cards and not many amps so they probably wouldnt even know if it was a fake if they didnt buy it. i dont know man. i guess i'll give it a shot. thanks for the quick reply. anyone else have any thoughts?
The amp you bought, looks differnt in other ways also. The heat sink looks differnt all in all Such as the design of the cooling fins, etc. But who knows maybe this is a differnt version or something. The Eclipse logo Is located on the left on almost all if not all models, i have never seen an eclipse amp with the logo located on the right side, nor that close to the edge. I have emailed Eclipse-web.com about the issue, when i recieve the reply i will post it.
-
Justin from Detroit1
- Junior Member
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
- Location: Detroit
-
SiriusBlack
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Missouri
I own an Eclipse amp just like that one (not the same model, but the same case design), and that Eclipse logo, I think, is glued on to the case. I got mine from a buddy without the logo because he claimed that it fell off. There are traces of glue where the logo was though...
I highly doubt that the amp you bought is fake, of course I do stand corrected.
I highly doubt that the amp you bought is fake, of course I do stand corrected.
Jason
1977 Monte Carlo - Resonant Engineering :: Eclipse :: PPI :: Clarion
1977 Monte Carlo - Resonant Engineering :: Eclipse :: PPI :: Clarion
Ask Eclipse
I would write to Eclipse and ask them, If it is a knock-off I am sure they would like to know about it!
-
armedforglory
- Member
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:04 pm
- Location: Pensacola, Florida