Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

can I get one, no need for stereo...listen to the engine

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
User avatar
OnYrMrk
Posts: 2864
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by OnYrMrk »

Lotus is legal, the Atom is grey market. Can get it legalized, but very expensive. Arial is expecting true US legal Atom by 2008. I would buy one just to take to the track in Ft. Worth for fun.
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

I think if i had $40k i would prolly get a WRX STI with some major Mods to it... like my dads associate has one that is pushing 550hp at the wheels (drool)
User avatar
OnYrMrk
Posts: 2864
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by OnYrMrk »

well I keep thinking about buying my brother's R32 Golf if he will sell it to me. Twin Turbo's and all...about 650hp worth.
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

I retract my last statement... in order to fully appriciate having $40k i would take out a loan for about $20k and import a Nissan Skyline R with the right hand drive of course!
User avatar
OnYrMrk
Posts: 2864
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by OnYrMrk »

that would be sweet.
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
Adidasman159
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:01 pm
Location: wisconsin
Contact:

Post by Adidasman159 »

Arial atom is deffiantly not legal here, it is in eurpe i belive,

there used to be a show called Top Gear, huge in England but it got taken off now, serch google videos for it or something

and im pretty sure they are in the 40's but are wicked fast, 2nd fastst they have ever tested short only of the evo i believe
User avatar
OnYrMrk
Posts: 2864
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by OnYrMrk »

Arial Atom is supposed to be shipped world wide (incl US) by 2008. not legal here, but then again, neither are the Right hand drive Skylines. There are also 959 Porsche's here too...not really street legal, but driven here anyway.

I had a Porsche 914 that was in no way streetlegal, I only had a bill of sale, but I kept a dealer tag on it for a number of years. There are ways around the DOT.
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
ridr4lif
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:00 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Post by ridr4lif »

OnYrMrk wrote:Well I have always wanted a car that I can drive to the road race track. This little thing is like a motorcycle that is more stable in turns and gets more stares than a cf Ducati 999R
OOOHHHHH...thats a tough one. Have you seen/ridden a ducati 999R? Last shop i worked at we serviced 2 of them. Quite a looker. Its a close call tho.

As for the atom, its a cool car. Not practical at all, but it would be a fun car to drive to the track, beat the shit out of, and drive it home.

For 40k, i dno what i'd get. I'd lean towards a Lotus, since you can put a roof over it and not get wet. Still a very potent track machine too.
Skyline's are cool, def one of my dream cars, but after all that money you spend to get it legalized, its almost not worth it. Espeically since you could probably buy a used ferrari for just as much and have just as much fun.
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

this is true... but still how many ppl have Right hand drive cars... and no not postal workers lol
ridr4lif
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:00 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Post by ridr4lif »

CaptainPioneer wrote:this is true... but still how many ppl have Right hand drive cars... and no not postal workers lol
Oh, i know exactly what you mean. I would kill for a RHD car. But im not gonna pay 100k to get one. Ya kno?

I'd probably rather have a 1973 BMW 2000 Touring, RHD. Ahh...i'd sell everything for one of those. For those who dont know what a 2000 Touring is, here are a few pics:
Image

Image

They Look Better Modded Though!!!
Image

EDIT: sorry for the hijack joe!!! I just love this car!!!
Post Reply