Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Online shopping

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

look at the autotek line of amps there very solid and produce shit loads of power. a lil expensive though... very very efficent and clean. especailly My MM4000.1
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
_gonz_
Senior Member
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:23 am

Post by _gonz_ »

Bwcad1 wrote:look at the autotek line of amps there very solid and produce shit loads of power. a lil expensive though... very very efficent and clean. especailly My MM4000.1
Autotek is owned by Maxxsonics.
i.e. Hifonics and Crunch.

I would be inclined to pass.
Robert Wollenberg
Posts: 1386
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
Location: Abilene, Texas

Post by Robert Wollenberg »

I'll should be coming home the end of May. I'm hoping to have my system ironed out within a few weeks of getting home. The girlfriend is excited to be helping me with it since I let her help me put the lift kit on the Jeep. She did great helping with that. But spending money on stereo equipment is a problem for me and she knows it so she questions everything. I can't blame her. Anyway, once it's all decided, I'll be buying it all. I have my front stage speakers and may end up using my current subs for the time being ... my honest thought was to convince her to let me buy the amps and use the subs until something happens to them, then blow the sh!t out of them with the new amp. :) She'll have to let me buy the subs then. I like my amp, but it just doesn't have enough guts anymore. 50x4 and 300x1. It's not bad, I just want more.
Robert Wollenberg
Posts: 1386
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
Location: Abilene, Texas

Post by Robert Wollenberg »

I dealt with autotek when the had the 333 and the 222. Those were good amps.
_gonz_
Senior Member
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:23 am

Post by _gonz_ »

They were bought out in 2004 or so, as I understand it.
The old Autotek is not the new Autotek.

Maxxsonics does not have a strong track record in terms of reliability, so it would seem, as made quite evident across many forums.
_gonz_
Senior Member
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:23 am

Post by _gonz_ »

mikechec9 wrote:But what Exile amp are you going to get that pushes 2500w at 700 bones :confused
If price is the concern, and we're already going as low as Maxxsonics stuff...
Why not consider the new HCCA-D5000 from Orion?
1000x1 @4ohm
1600x1 @2ohm
2500x1 @1ohm
We all know how cheap the Orion stuff can be had on the grey market.

Other than that, Orion 2500D amps are going for pretty cheap on ebay.
Check it out
Justin from Detroit1
Junior Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Location: Detroit

Post by Justin from Detroit1 »

gonz, good information in this thread from you, you really seem to know what you are talking about. Back when I had my shop, I talked to the owner of Exile for a few hours on the phone one day. Not only is he a great guy, but his products do seem amazing, I'd say go with Exile if you can find it.
_gonz_
Senior Member
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:23 am

Post by _gonz_ »

Thank you Justin, I appreciate it.
I'm the voice of unpopular opinion on most boards I visit. Here's why;
AirForceyooper...
Can I just tell you that I really feel 2500 watts is rediculous? And remind you of the battery, cable, and alternator upgrades you'll likely require?
What if I told you, that I could go with 800 or even 1000 real watts at 4ohms, and have even greater output, (and less draw electrically) based solely upon enclosure design (and partially based on subwoofer selection)
What if you could do that with 4x 8" woofers and 400wts @4ohms ?
Curious yet?
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

Gonz you are some what true about maxxsonics stuff i have delt with many of there amps and i can tell you this there previous stuff from 2004 and back does fit the bill you speak of the newer stuff hifonics and autotek is incredible i speak with the lead designer on a weekly basis and if you want im sure he would like to talk to you about the brands. Autotek amps are incredible amps and it pains me to here people say such things about them. dont forget mb quart is now owned by maxxsonics and they wont be fooled with its the same thing with autotek. PM me ill have you get intoch with john studley at maxxsonics hes the lead designer over there. and also the head of team maxxsonics.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
_gonz_
Senior Member
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:23 am

Post by _gonz_ »

Bwcad1,
First let me say that you seem like a real decent guy and I like you already, and so I really, honestly, hope you won't take this the wrong way...

I'm not really a brand bagger. I can only go by my own results, and those of other people. A hell of alot of "kids" in car audio blow stuff up because they have zero clue of what they're doing. We have to take that into account when estimating failure rates.

I've used a Sony amp and HU, Audiobahn (Dub) amp, MTX subs, Lightning Audio coaxials, with very good success. I'm one of those people who'll buy something (if the price is right) just to see if it works as advertised, and how it performs overall. I actually have had such good luck with the above stuff that I would recommend it for some people, aside from the fact that I'd get flamed to hell and back if I ever tried.

Now in another thread, a guy asked for good alarm brands, and you suggested Prestige. Thats Audiovox. I'm sorry but for as open-minded as I try to be, I could never place my trust in Audiovox for my vehicle's security. I'd consider that to be bottom barrel. :confused

But you know what they say about opinions, right?

Now about Maxxsonics product... see this? Thats the solder job on a Hifonics BX1500D

Thanks, but seriously, I'll pass.


Again, no offense is intended towards you. If you have good luck with something, I'm really just happy for you and I hope your luck holds out. I mean the bottom line is we each make our choices and decide where to spend our own money. Hopefully we can respectfully just agree to disagree on certain brands/products.

If you ever get the opportunity, I'd love to see the internals of some of your amps sometime. I'd like to think that slop-job of a soldering attempt was some monkeys run amuck at the factory and not standard operating proceedure. Really, I would.
Post Reply