As you all have seen in some of my last post, kick panels are a no go in the accord. So I am playing with the angle of the mids, before I relocate the tweets. My plan is to keep the stock look, so I am limited in the direction I can swing the mids without cutting the door panel.
So I came up with a theory. Why not swing the mids in opposite directions?
Right now the drivers side is way off axis to my ears, and the passenger side is on. So it leaves the spacing across the soundstage really close on the driver’s side, and really spread out on the passenger side. Yeah I can correct some of this with time delays, but the spacing problem is still there, and the singers voice seams really wide, (spread across the stage).
So my theory is this.
Why not bring the drivers side aft and up (bringing it more on axis) and the passenger side either forward and down, or forward and up (bringing it more off axis)?
Now, to my second question. Should I do this with the time delays on or off? I plan on having them on once I finish, so I don't really care what the passenger thinks. (Yes my girl can tell a difference, so I will catch some crap for it) I tried it at first, with them off, but I couldn't get it anywhere close. (Before I came up with my new theory) So I am curios if I should do the rest with them on or off?
Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Unconventional Speaker Alignment?
- William from NOLA
- Posts: 5172
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Metairie, LA
- Contact:
-
solacedagony
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2171
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
- Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
- Contact:
Jonathan wrote:Don't stick to convention, just tweak and tune until you find what something works. Trust your ears, not your eyes. You'd be surprised how dash reflections can benefit in the imaging department.
I am a true believer in that...my component set sound amazing. Yes, more tweeking, but as it is right now, it rivals anything I have had in the past.
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
solacedagony wrote:Where can you order that IASCA test cd from?
I believe you have to join IASCA before you can get that test disk. Look on Ebay for one of them, you might be able to find one there.
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com