Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Accord kickpanels.
Accord kickpanels.
I am looking for some pics or ideas for some kickpanels in a 2005 accord. My bigest problem right now is that the factory fuse box (2003 up) is located behind the drivers side kickpanel. So I have to move the speakers way back, and cut out the foot rest, or I have to relocate the fuse panel. So I was wondering if any one has delt with the new accords, or know someone that has. Pictures would be a huge plus! I am one of those people that if I can see it, I can build it.
Oh yeah I looked thru cardomain.com, and saw many things that made me scratch my head and wonder , but not a single kickpanel
I would really like to do a panel like this (its in a 2002 accord) but it won't work in a 2005.
P.S. any kickpanel info would be apreciated (tech stuff, and so one)
Oh yeah I looked thru cardomain.com, and saw many things that made me scratch my head and wonder , but not a single kickpanel
I would really like to do a panel like this (its in a 2002 accord) but it won't work in a 2005.
P.S. any kickpanel info would be apreciated (tech stuff, and so one)
- Attachments
-
- accord4.jpg (54.35 KiB) Viewed 526 times
-
Justin from Detroit1
- Junior Member
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
- Location: Detroit
I couldn't tell you, it does look nice, but I wasn't planing it in mine. (The rest of the install can be found here. Scroll down and its the 3rd and 4th row.)smoker wrote:that looks nice but i wonder how the sound is affected since plex isnt acoustically transparent?
http://www.cartoystulsa.com/gallery.php
I would like to do a peice of grill cloth over mine in some sort of removable panel. That way it lookes nice, protects the speakers, and doesn't hurt the sound to much.
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Get some pics of the area.
Maybe the door panel is a better idea?
Maybe the door panel is a better idea?
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Yeah I have it in the door now, and it sounds good, but the sound stage could be set up better.Ryan from Ohio wrote:Maybe the door panel is a better idea?
Right now it is centered to the driver, but as things move right and left from center they get jammed together. An example is the IASCA setup disk (the track with the seven drum beats) the 4th is centered like it is suppost to be, but the spacing from center to the right and left is off.
Yeah I probably should have done a 3 way set instead of 2 ways, but I didn't know about the fuse block till after I picked up the car (everything all ready installed). I had always planed on doing a set of kickpanels myself, once I got the car to germany, and I figured the 2 ways would work just fine.smoker wrote:ive found that if you can get a 6.5 in the door to fill out the midbass it is sometimes easier and in my opinion sounds better to put a 4 and a tweet in the kicks......
Pics 1 and 2 are the drivers side. You can see the panel for the fuse block, and the foot rest I was thinking about removing.
Pics 3 and 4 are the passanger side.
- Attachments
-
- Copy of PICT0203.JPG (52.7 KiB) Viewed 526 times
-
- Copy of PICT0204.JPG (50.35 KiB) Viewed 526 times
-
- Copy of PICT0214.JPG (59.17 KiB) Viewed 526 times
-
- Copy of PICT0202.JPG (44.89 KiB) Viewed 526 times