Secondly, do you think I will need some rear speakers? I was thinking of getting some 5.25inch coaxials for the rear but if the front ones are adequate then I probably won't bother. Any suggestions??
Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Do I need rear speakers?
-
hannibalsmith
- Junior Member
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:53 am
Do I need rear speakers?
I am thinking about getting some Alpine Type-R SPR-17LS http://www.alpine-europe.com/content/en ... PEAKER.htm speakers to put in the front doors of my Peugeot 206. First question is are these speakers any good? I have heard they are but I was just after a few more opinions.
Secondly, do you think I will need some rear speakers? I was thinking of getting some 5.25inch coaxials for the rear but if the front ones are adequate then I probably won't bother. Any suggestions??
Secondly, do you think I will need some rear speakers? I was thinking of getting some 5.25inch coaxials for the rear but if the front ones are adequate then I probably won't bother. Any suggestions??
-
Justin from Detroit1
- Junior Member
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
- Location: Detroit
A lot of people have no need for rear speakers. A nice set of front speakers, and a nice subwoofer or two in the trunk is usually plenty for most people. I personally do not use rear speakers, but then again I have $900 components in the front. Do yourself a favor, get the components hooked up and installed and give it a listen before you spend money on the rear speakers. You might be happy with just the front speakers.
Amen to that...
However... don't let Justins ability to afford a $900 set deter you into thinking you can't have a good front stage without the need for rear speakers for less...
I don't have $900 worth of speakers up front, even if I include the amps that power my speakers up front I dont quite reach $800... so do as he says & give it a try without rear spakers 1st & see what you think...
I have systems in my two cars & neither has rear speakers...
However... don't let Justins ability to afford a $900 set deter you into thinking you can't have a good front stage without the need for rear speakers for less...
I don't have $900 worth of speakers up front, even if I include the amps that power my speakers up front I dont quite reach $800... so do as he says & give it a try without rear spakers 1st & see what you think...
I have systems in my two cars & neither has rear speakers...
-
Mithrandir
- Senior Member
- Posts: 799
- Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:30 am
rear speakers do have a usage. My son originally wanted just a car that sounded good...now he says he wants loud. So I put in some coax's in the doors, and in the deck and a pair of subs in the trunk. Damn car is loud, and wouldn't have been nearly as loud if I hadn't put the speakers in the rear. His car is louder than mine, although I have much better tonality and imaging. Also it isn't bass heavy.
if you want loud, and I am not talking sub-loud, rear speaker can make all the difference
if you want loud, and I am not talking sub-loud, rear speaker can make all the difference
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
-
Mithrandir
- Senior Member
- Posts: 799
- Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:30 am
-
Ranger SVO
- Member
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:27 pm
- Location: Merkel Texas
not to a 16yo boy. He wan't loud...
my car only has 4 speakers up front...(K3P's aren't in yet) but it is plenty loud for me. Just not loud enough for him. Then again he is in a band.
go figure.
my car only has 4 speakers up front...(K3P's aren't in yet) but it is plenty loud for me. Just not loud enough for him. Then again he is in a band.
go figure.
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com