Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

New Orion Amps

All questions related to amplifier installation and troubleshooting.
grmncrsnbr
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:01 pm

New Orion Amps

Post by grmncrsnbr »

I know Orion has a good backing for their older stuff but I was wondering about the quality of their newer amps? Better than a basic alpine?
User avatar
OnYrMrk
Posts: 2864
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by OnYrMrk »

blah....good for spl, suck compared to the old school Tempe Arizona amps.
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
grmncrsnbr
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:01 pm

Post by grmncrsnbr »

the reason I ask is because I had two oz audio vector two 10s and one of the voice coils came off the frame and just rattles so right now Im running one with an alpine amp. Id like to upgrade to a different seb that hits a little lower and Ill convert my box into a ported single ten box. I found an orion 600d for 180 shipped on ebay. its 1 ohm stable pushes 600 rms at 1 ohm 400 rms at 2 ohm and so on. This would allow me to get the type R alpine id like. Im really trying to get the best of both worlds with good sound and some thunderous hits. I listen to a wide variety of music from tech and rap to old country music and 70s rock. I enjoy good clean bass when needed and hard hitting bass other times. So does this sound like a good setup? I found the Orion because Im also looking to install some MB Quart 6.5 compnents in the front and Orion makes and amp that would also power those nicely. What it all comes down to is finding an amp that runs at atleast 60w X 2 @ 4ohm and another that is bewteen 300 and 500W X 1 @ 2ohm.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

the orion will do you good :)
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
grmncrsnbr
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:01 pm

Post by grmncrsnbr »

thanks. Im going to be able to throw this sytem together for a good price and possible get some deadening material too. know of a good place with good prices or any recommendations?
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

where are you from there are some dealers on here like justin devin terry and myself.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
grmncrsnbr
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:01 pm

Post by grmncrsnbr »

I found the perfect fix for my situation an Alpine MRV-F345 does 75 X 2 + 300 X 1 @ 4ohms :)

I live in Northern VA and go to school In Blacksburg VA (southwestern, GO HOKIES)
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

hey is that vector a single 8ohm or 4ohm? i have the single 8ohm one for my home audio sub. its not too bad of a sub.
grmncrsnbr
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:01 pm

Post by grmncrsnbr »

Its a single 4 ohm. I dont know why Im going through them so easily. The are in a sealed box and not fully powered just slightly under and yet Ive had two VCs come off the frame and just vibrate..... sucks. I did enjoy how well they hit. Really tight bass and I may use the one I have left in my home setup. I plan on replacing it with a Kicker Comp VR.


WHats the word any dealers near me?
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

youll be dissapointed on SQ if you go to the kickers. how high is the gain set on your amp? it could be clipping and tearing your sub up.
Post Reply