Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

Post all your general car audio questions here.
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

Post by Chris from Washington »

Not sure why I got this, I must have sent them a letter about something.

But here is a letter from Kicker Dated: January 1997
Image
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

Post by Chris from Washington »

nobody else has any old stuff laying around to post?
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

Post by Chris from Washington »

Chris from Washington wrote:Not sure why I got this, I must have sent them a letter about something.

But here is a letter from Kicker Dated: January 1997
Image
I think all of those places they listed as authorized dealers have closed down.
There is still a FOSS car audio, but I don't think it's the same place as it was back then.
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

Post by GlassWolf »

I still have tons of it. Mostly Alpine and Orion from the early 1990s. Some Pioneer Premier, Cerwin-Vega (just re-foamed the LE-12D subs), some DynAudio, and a few other odds and ends.
I have a collection of vintage 1980s home audio too (Pioneer Elite, Onkyo/Integra, KEF Reference, Nakamichi)
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

Post by Chris from Washington »

GlassWolf wrote:I still have tons of it. Mostly Alpine and Orion from the early 1990s. Some Pioneer Premier, Cerwin-Vega (just re-foamed the LE-12D subs), some DynAudio, and a few other odds and ends.
I have a collection of vintage 1980s home audio too (Pioneer Elite, Onkyo/Integra, KEF Reference, Nakamichi)
Cool, would love to see some pics of some of them.
If you ever get a chance, post some here.

I'm hoping this thread can become an archive of cool old school audio equipment and related items.
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

Post by Chris from Washington »

I really thought this thread would be more popular. There seems to be so much interest in older equipment now a days.
allaboutfun
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:13 am

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

Post by allaboutfun »

New guy here. My first car was a '68 Bonneville 2 door. It had an 8 track player and Jensen coaxials in the rear deck. The rear window had a leak so every time it would rain, the right speaker would fill with water. I'd unscrew it, dump the water out, reinstall it and it would keep on rockin'. Those speakers were awesome.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

Post by Chris from Washington »

allaboutfun wrote:New guy here. My first car was a '68 Bonneville 2 door. It had an 8 track player and Jensen coaxials in the rear deck. The rear window had a leak so every time it would rain, the right speaker would fill with water. I'd unscrew it, dump the water out, reinstall it and it would keep on rockin'. Those speakers were awesome.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum,

wow, now that is old school right there!!
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

Post by Chris from Washington »

allaboutfun wrote:New guy here. My first car was a '68 Bonneville 2 door. It had an 8 track player and Jensen coaxials in the rear deck. The rear window had a leak so every time it would rain, the right speaker would fill with water. I'd unscrew it, dump the water out, reinstall it and it would keep on rockin'. Those speakers were awesome.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum,

wow, now that is old school right there!!
Post Reply