Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Knife collectors... Q on switch blades?

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
taylor17
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 8:24 pm
Location: texas

Knife collectors... Q on switch blades?

Post by taylor17 »

Just wondering if anyone knows a good website to order good real switch blades? I collect lots of different knives... and my collection just isn't a collection with out a real switchblade. Thanks...
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Dunno...

I managed to pick one up at a "Trade Center", basicly an indoor flea market.

Paid $8 for it, nice fresh super sharp blade...

Its an older switch not a made in China/Pakistan POS!

Good strong spring...

Careful, automatic knifes are illegal in some states...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
taylor17
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 8:24 pm
Location: texas

Post by taylor17 »

:bigwink: lol Yup I know... I googled it and found a few places... but I don't know if I should trust them. some are some Italian Stalettos or something like that for $40 plus... I'm wanting something pretty nice... nothing $200 nice though. lol
This will be just another knife that hopefully most people won't have, and will go in my collection.
Darthness
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3706
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:54 pm

Post by Darthness »

thanks for reminding me, todays payday and im going to buy a few new knives.

just butterflys but whatevr.
dmeyer07
Senior Member
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: ********

Post by dmeyer07 »

butterflys are pretty kool too.

They happen to be one of my favorite types of knife :)
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

I like Hibben knives better personally, and SOG blades.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
Darthness
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3706
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:54 pm

Post by Darthness »

I got a new one today. its kinda cool. It made me broke though (only kept $20 from my check lolol)
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

I've always stuck with blades that are higher quality, made from materials like high carbon, O1, or D2 tool steel. They hold an amazingly sharp edge, and the latter two materials are strong as can be if you don't want the blade to snap in half. I look for things like a full tang as well, and not a wire tang. I'd rather spend more for a solid knife that'll hold up during use than for something flashy the less useful. Hibben makes very flashy looking downright wicked knives, but they're extremely well made, so it's a good combination of both worlds. SOG makes combat knives that'll withstand pretty much any abuse and their original SOG design is a replica of a knife I own that was issued to the MAC-SOG green berets in Viet Nam. Very slick products from that company as well, but you're looking at spending at least two C notes for any of these knives. On the bright side, they'll last for generations.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
Post Reply