Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

kq5 hooked up to two 5350a infinity 5 channel amps

All questions related to amplifier installation and troubleshooting.
nathan
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:34 pm

kq5 hooked up to two 5350a infinity 5 channel amps

Post by nathan »

how would I go about hooking up a kicker kq5 up to 2 infinity 5350a 5 channel amps?the 5 channel amps both have a sub ,front, and rear rca preouts any help or suggestions would be appreciated?????!!
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

A bunch of Ys.
User avatar
OnYrMrk
Posts: 2864
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by OnYrMrk »

What is it with all the 5 channel amp questions? Here is my take. Use each amp for Right and Left. Then use the 4 channels for your right stage from one amp, then the other four channels for the Left side. Then use each of the sub channels for your subs...one per sub. So what if you only have 150w per sub. People have done a lot more with less.

If you are not willing to go that route, then consider this. Take out your 14 speakers, take them, and the amps, and sell them. Then take the money from the sale and use it for a very good set of component speakers (2-way only), then purchase yourself a couple of 10's. Now use the rest of the money for Two good amps! One 4 channel amp for your components, and a mono amp with about 500-1000 watts. Wire your two subs mono and then wire to the amp.

You will have a slamming system that will actually sound good.

Jeremy and I are SQ people. If you want really loud, then go with Bill Wolf (BWCad01) here. He is the stud of spl.

That is what I think will work best for you. But then again, I don't know you from Adam, so what is best for you may not be for someone else.

my .02 worth

Joe
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

Hey my Buick sounds pretty damn good...
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
nathan
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by nathan »

the only problem is that I bought one 5 channel amp 1 year ago and I wanted some with a little more umph for my subs so what I did is I got another 5 channel amp off of ebay so so if I did the wrong thing ,then I did.O well now, I am just trying to make it work with what I have.
sorry for all the questions guys but you have really helped me out!!!!
ps. I will still have to use a bunch of y connectors,wont i ?
nathan
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by nathan »

hey I have another question for you guy.the kicker kq5 that I have how can it fade my sub s if doesnt have a sub output on it?
heres is the link to the manual to the kq5 http://www.kicker.com/sites/default/fil ... MANUAL.PDF
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

It can not fade your subs.

It won't work if you want the rears ran separately, or if you want the ability to fade from front to rear.

And splitting 2 RCA outs into 10 connections is going to KILL your input signal to your amps.

But it can be done.

Take one output and split it for the right side, and another for the left. Even easier if you wire it like Joe said to do with your amps.

Or....

You can still do what Joe said with your amps, but use the EQ for the front right and left only. <---- what I would do.

That EQ isn't designed for a car with 14+ speakers. Its designed to be used in a simple setup with comps in the front and subs in the back.

I still think you will be 10000 times happier if you sell everything, or almost everything and use the money to install a simple system with a good set of comps, and subs.
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

Oh and the 2 inputs / outputs, will not work at the same time. They are wired internally, to be completely separate of each other. So you only have 1 input and output that are really usable on the unit.
Post Reply