Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Car Washing?

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Car Washing?

Post by JeremyC »

So how do you guys normally wash your cars?

The water here is CRAZY hard. So water spots are a HUGE pain in the butt.

So I normally take it to a brush less car wash (10 bucks a pop), and when its really dirty, I take it by the regular car wash, and wash / scrub it down first.

So far thats my best bet for getting it clean, and not having water spots after everything dries.

But there has to be a cheaper way.

I was thinking about getting a pressure washer, and I have a shaded area to wash it. But I need something to help soften up the water when I rinse it.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

Water Softener?

I use well water to wash my car and it leaves spots but i also dry the piss out of it with towels. O and my car's white sucks for you and your blacky!
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

My house has a water softener, but it doesn't connect to the outside faucets.

Bill, your well water is probably WAY softer than the stuff here. The mineral content is so high in my area during the summer, that my water softener is set to a hardness of 65 to 70.

Even then I still won't drink my tap water. I have an RSO hooked to my sink, and my fridge.

A year or so back, I remember seeing someone that made a pressure washer kit, with a filter for the rinse. Might have been turtle wax or something. But I can't find it online for the life of me.

Oh and I will happily trade you my black car for your white one lol. Both are hard to keep clean, both look amazing when they are. But black, especially in the dust ass dessert, is a total PITA.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

That was Mr. Clean. Bought it tried it threw it out... Huge PITA...

well i dont drink the water i have it delivered in bottles from Culligan. I wonder if we could figure out a way to use water filters and a pressure washer...

I just washed mine and ofcourse its raining maybe ill snap a pic
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

I figured someone would know what I was talking about.

So what type of pressure washer do you have? How many PSI?

You would think, someone has a pressure washer with a filter for hard water. Or some kind of solution.

I know you can get inline filters at any RV store, or from walmart in the RV department. I wonder how well that would work? Or if it would drop the input water pressure to much?
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

I just have a small 2600psi. The drop in pressure may not be bad as far as washing a car. You dont really need massive pressures to knock the dirt off.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

Thats pretty expensive and im sure you cannot use it with a pressure washer. there has to be a cheaper way.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

Hey Bill, you said you've got a 2600 PSI washer. Think 2K would cut it, or do I need to be up around 2500?
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

2600 is more than enough i think 2k would be fine.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Post Reply