Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

wanting more of a guess what i got setup

Post all your general car audio questions here.
812_SaInT
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:59 am
Location: indiana

wanting more of a guess what i got setup

Post by 812_SaInT »

im thinking about selling my powerbass 2xl 10's and going with 8-12 8's. ill be running them off a powerbass xa-900d. i was thing about jbl gto804's but not sure really.. ill have a budget of about 300-350 dollars and it will be going into a older cavalier..
812_SaInT
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:59 am
Location: indiana

Post by 812_SaInT »

up.. any help guys
User avatar
NorthQuad
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1183
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by NorthQuad »

You didn't post a question.
dave.
loudwagon15s
Senior Member
Posts: 888
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:58 pm
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Contact:

Post by loudwagon15s »

8 8's would be awesome, but if i were doing that, i'd prolly get a larger amp. If you want more comments, maybe a ? in your post would help?
812_SaInT
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:59 am
Location: indiana

Post by 812_SaInT »

i thought it would be obvious.. im asking what would be the best choice of 8's for my budget
User avatar
NorthQuad
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1183
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by NorthQuad »

So, you want to spend under forty bucks per sub?
dave.
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

812_SaInT wrote:i thought it would be obvious.. im asking what would be the best choice of 8's for my budget

I am guessing you are going for an spl type setup, is that correct??

40.00 per sub that is gonna be hard, well...I retract that statement.

Are you biased to any particular brand??

What about power handling?

Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

Those would both be two great choices. I think for the extra 10.00 I would go with the polks.

Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

I'd just go with a single 18"
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
Post Reply