I agree 100%Bwcad1 wrote:I'm a firm believer that you should be able to do whatever the hell you want to your body as long as it doesn't harm anyone else. This kind of stuff makes me sick.
Just for the record i don't do drugs and i rarely drink, but that doesnt mean i dont think others shouldn't be able to.
Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
step moms granddaughter
-
audiobass10
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Cape Coral, Florida
The issue is I don't know of any users of heavy drugs or severe alcoholics that don't eventually hurt EVERYONE around them. I'm not talking about the guy who smokes a joint or two. I'm talking about the junkie that brings the world down with him.
For the record, I drink a beer or two every now and then, but I have never used drugs in my life. I have, on the other hand, seen many users take others down with them on many occasions.
For the record, I drink a beer or two every now and then, but I have never used drugs in my life. I have, on the other hand, seen many users take others down with them on many occasions.
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
I live in the meth capital of the world and have family members who are addicts. Meth is such a powerful and addicted drug that if we didn't have laws against it, it would literally take over the country.Bwcad1 wrote:Man i may get some flack for this but o well, I'm a firm believer that you should be able to do whatever the hell you want to your body as long as it doesn't harm anyone else. This kind of stuff makes me sick.
Just for the record i don't do drugs and i rarely drink, but that doesnt mean i dont think others shouldn't be able to.
So yeah, what they do does indeed affect us. They drive down property value, nobody wants to live next door to a meth house (they're about 500% more likely to explode than any other house.
They steal to maintain their addiction.
I could go on and on but I'm about to leave.
So yeah, I completely disagree with you. Meth is becoming more and more popular, when it ends up your neighborhood, you'll surely see it my way... or be an addicted, one of the two.
It is funny you mention that, a guy I work with said the best way to get off that stuff is just do it cold turkey. He said the methadone bout killed him, and he woulda been better off going cold turkey.colemanyoungerinalaska wrote:i was put on methadone didnt help i have no clue how it will work on a baby
what helped was when i actually decided i needed to stop. quit cold turkey after 11 years
that is so sad though i cant believe what some people do to their children
I just feel so bad for the baby.
How would you even figure out a dose for a 3 day old baby??
Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
-
audiobass10
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Cape Coral, Florida
It's nearly impossible for most heroin addicts to go cold turkey as it's such a powerful drug. It takes control of you physically and mentally. As other opiate based drugs, it's normally best to ween yourself off. The sickness someone gets when withdrawaling from these drugs is terrible. Methadone works, it just has downfalls like anything else. Suboxone is now being used for many opiate users and has proven effective, though i'm not sure it's prescribed to heroin users, but more to people addicted to painkillers such as hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, fentanyl, hydromorphone and the many other codeine based medications.
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Drugs are illegal and anyone using or in possession of them risks being arrested, thrown in jail and abused by Bubba.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
- William from NOLA
- Posts: 5172
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Metairie, LA
- Contact:
The interesting thing one of my professors told me about heroin is that you can't overdose on it when injecting it in your veins. The people that "overdose" like that are killed because of the amount of fluid other than blood in the veins. In other words, you can die just injecting water in your veins.
Note: Injecting water is different from an IV drip.
Note: Injecting water is different from an IV drip.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 
audiobass10 wrote:It's nearly impossible for most heroin addicts to go cold turkey as it's such a powerful drug. It takes control of you physically and mentally. As other opiate based drugs, it's normally best to ween yourself off. The sickness someone gets when withdrawaling from these drugs is terrible. Methadone works, it just has downfalls like anything else. Suboxone is now being used for many opiate users and has proven effective, though i'm not sure it's prescribed to heroin users, but more to people addicted to painkillers such as hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, fentanyl, hydromorphone and the many other codeine based medications.
Yes it is, I should have been more clear, the dude that I was talking about was coming off meth. He said the methadone really was hard on him.
It was hard enough for me to come off the stuff I was on. I couldnt imagine coming off heroin or even meth. I hope the girl gets some help, and I sure hope the baby is ok.
tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
-
audiobass10
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Why was he on methadone is the question. It's used for heroin users, but i've never heard of it being used to ween peole off meth. Maybe it's true, but i've just never heard of it. Doesn't make sense since heroin is an opiate and methadone is considered in the opiod family as welll, though meth is not. Interesting either way why they would put them on that. Maybe it wasn't doctors? Btw i'm just wondering not saying you're wrong or lying lol, just to make it clear.Tim wrote:Yes it is, I should have been more clear, the dude that I was talking about was coming off meth. He said the methadone really was hard on him.
It was hard enough for me to come off the stuff I was on. I couldnt imagine coming off heroin or even meth. I hope the girl gets some help, and I sure hope the baby is ok.
tim
audiobass10 wrote:Why was he on methadone is the question. It's used for heroin users, but i've never heard of it being used to ween peole off meth. Maybe it's true, but i've just never heard of it. Doesn't make sense since heroin is an opiate and methadone is considered in the opiod family as welll, though meth is not. Interesting either way why they would put them on that. Maybe it wasn't doctors? Btw i'm just wondering not saying you're wrong or lying lol, just to make it clear.
Not taken that way at all. I have always wondered that myself. But he is not the only one that has been treated with methadone around here. That seems to be the trend at our comp care. (that is what we call rehab). But I have several friends who have been treated for meth, with Methadone. And I have also heard tell of them using suboxone to treat them when the Methadone doesnt work. I dont know why they do it that way. But yeah, I understand your confusion because I am confused on this myself.
Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr