Look in the car audio for sell section... under "looking for a cheap spl sub" there is a picture of the system... and what I'm running. It would be a headake to build a new box... because I had this one built for me.
P.s, thanks Fishy
Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Whats a good car for car audio
I looked at the pics:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/719093
Do you know how much airspace those are playing in? I doubt you've got enough space to get loud and still sound good. I guess if they are playing in a common enclosure you could take one sub out and replace it with a plate/port combo tuned to the resonant frequency of your cabin. It will probably sound awful though. I really don't know as I'm more of SQ guy.
This is one area where I think spkrman would have a chance to improve his reputation a bit.

Your best bet would be to lose the rear seat(if there is one) and build a larger box you could port both of those H2's in. Nice install. I can see why you don't want to dork it.
-Fishy
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/719093
Do you know how much airspace those are playing in? I doubt you've got enough space to get loud and still sound good. I guess if they are playing in a common enclosure you could take one sub out and replace it with a plate/port combo tuned to the resonant frequency of your cabin. It will probably sound awful though. I really don't know as I'm more of SQ guy.
This is one area where I think spkrman would have a chance to improve his reputation a bit.
Your best bet would be to lose the rear seat(if there is one) and build a larger box you could port both of those H2's in. Nice install. I can see why you don't want to dork it.
-Fishy
wow, noway, I'm keeping the backseat.:-) I can't stand extended cab's.. that have no backseat... kind of beats the purpose doesn't it? I'm not exactly for sure on the airspace, but I would say 1.5 cubic ft is pretty close.
Yup, the HX2's are loud... just not quite loud enough for me now...:-)
I still would like to keep the sq as well, and as far as the other stuff you said, about taking out the sub and all that other stuff... you lost me on all that!:-) lol I'm not good with boxes. Hint's why I had this one built.:-)
Yup, the HX2's are loud... just not quite loud enough for me now...:-)
I still would like to keep the sq as well, and as far as the other stuff you said, about taking out the sub and all that other stuff... you lost me on all that!:-) lol I'm not good with boxes. Hint's why I had this one built.:-)
It probably wouldn't work anyways, but if you want more output going ported would be the easiest solution. Maybe get a pair of tens that would do well ported in a small enclosure and just add ports to what you have. You really need to find out exactly how much airspace you have before going that route.
However with small enclosures you're going to have to sacrifice something. There's an output triangle that goes something like this:
1) high SPL
2) low end extension(SQ)
3) small enclosure
You can have TWO, and only two of the above.
What you have right now is probably 2 and 3. If you're looking for 1 and 3 you're going to have to sacrifice some of 2. If you want both 1 and 2 you need a bigger enclosure, i.e. you're going to have to ditch #3.
That make any sense? Basically you can't have your cake and eat it too.
-Fishy
However with small enclosures you're going to have to sacrifice something. There's an output triangle that goes something like this:
1) high SPL
2) low end extension(SQ)
3) small enclosure
You can have TWO, and only two of the above.
What you have right now is probably 2 and 3. If you're looking for 1 and 3 you're going to have to sacrifice some of 2. If you want both 1 and 2 you need a bigger enclosure, i.e. you're going to have to ditch #3.
That make any sense? Basically you can't have your cake and eat it too.
-Fishy
"wow, noway, I'm keeping the backseat.:-) I can't stand extended cab's.. that have no backseat... kind of beats the purpose doesn't it?"
With full size trucks, yes. With small ext cabs like Rangers and S10s, that's about all the extra cab length is good for :) . If you don't want to lose the back seat, your only option would really be to either choose a higher SPL sub combo and put those in that airspace, or choose a single high SPL sub and port it. Depends on preference and also the true cu ft of the enclosure, but if it's only 1.5 cu ft total, you aren't getting much of a ported box out of that deal.
With full size trucks, yes. With small ext cabs like Rangers and S10s, that's about all the extra cab length is good for :) . If you don't want to lose the back seat, your only option would really be to either choose a higher SPL sub combo and put those in that airspace, or choose a single high SPL sub and port it. Depends on preference and also the true cu ft of the enclosure, but if it's only 1.5 cu ft total, you aren't getting much of a ported box out of that deal.
-
audiobass10
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Exactly. In this situation I would really consider goin with a single sub setup ported. Crammin 2 of those subs back there really wont do them much justice for how loud they're able to get. There's not much to makin a box as far as actual construction goes. If you can make decent cuts, you can do it. The design of the enclosure is what really sets one setup apart from the next. If you want I'd be willing to help you with a design for one. If you've got aim you can I/M me on davetheslave10. Spkrman does full cutout sheets for like 8 bucks and he has great designs for SPL/SQL type setups and experience with various vehicles. You're talkin around $30 in materials for a brand new box without carpeting.Jonathan wrote:"wow, noway, I'm keeping the backseat.:-) I can't stand extended cab's.. that have no backseat... kind of beats the purpose doesn't it?"
With full size trucks, yes. With small ext cabs like Rangers and S10s, that's about all the extra cab length is good for :) . If you don't want to lose the back seat, your only option would really be to either choose a higher SPL sub combo and put those in that airspace, or choose a single high SPL sub and port it. Depends on preference and also the true cu ft of the enclosure, but if it's only 1.5 cu ft total, you aren't getting much of a ported box out of that deal.