Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Power Handling

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
Purple RS
Senior Member
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:53 pm
Location: Bremerton, WA
Contact:

Power Handling

Post by Purple RS »

I'm selling a pair of JL 10W6 woofers to a friend and forget what their power handling capability is. These are the dual 6 ohm voice coil subs and they're installed in a box and wired for 1.5 ohms, so a 1 ohm stable amp is a must. I don't want to lead him astray as to what he can power these with.
k0rnyfr33k
Senior Member
Posts: 473
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:07 pm

Post by k0rnyfr33k »

Purple RS wrote:I'm selling a pair of JL 10W6 woofers to a friend and forget what their power handling capability is. These are the dual 6 ohm voice coil subs and they're installed in a box and wired for 1.5 ohms, so a 1 ohm stable amp is a must. I don't want to lead him astray as to what he can power these with.
mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/8-12W6_BDS.pdf

Download that pdf... just put that in the url bar... gives you all the specs you need to know
Purple RS
Senior Member
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:53 pm
Location: Bremerton, WA
Contact:

Post by Purple RS »

Thanks man, appreciate it.
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

JL is very good about keeping documentation.

300 Wrms is the number.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Purple RS
Senior Member
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:53 pm
Location: Bremerton, WA
Contact:

Post by Purple RS »

Now he wants to find a decent amp to power these. I had them powered with the sub channel of my Memphis Belle, 1100 watts RMS of which I could only get 825 (1.5 ohm load on a 1 ohm amp).

I did some searching and found a Kenwood eXcelon KAC-X1R for $300 and I think he may go for it, looks close to what I had them hooked up to. He's looking to spend no more than $400. Any more decent amps in that price range out there???
cool mr grinch
Senior Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Corpus Christi Texas
Contact:

Post by cool mr grinch »

i wish i had seen this yesterday, i just sold my RF power 1001bd.
James-aka-Cool Mr Grinch
Mack trucks electronics specialist and problem solver.
Post Reply