Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Old School Sub Box...

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
Purple RS
Senior Member
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:53 pm
Location: Bremerton, WA
Contact:

Post by Purple RS »

He posted me a link to a topic in http://www.PolkAudio.com/forums to a 6-year old thread about this box. It's the Polk Audio C4. Then it was 5-10 years old, and here's the specs from one of the posts...

-Driver complement - Four 6x9 drivers mounted in a isobaric push pull configuration
-Enclosure type - 4th order bandpass
-Frequency response - 25 to 150 Hertz
-Sensitivity - 94 db @ 1 Watt @ 1 Meter
-Recommended amplification - 25 to 200 Watts per channel
-Impedance - 4 Ohm stereo, 2 or 8 Ohm mono
-Dimensions - 8" H x 26.25" W x 17.125 D
-Weight - 26 pounds
falkenbd
Senior Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post by falkenbd »

Tim wrote:That was the cool thing about isobaric. But it never really took off. Back in the 90's I always wanted to experiment with the iso design and never did.
the best I remeber polk or infinity did a iso box that held 2 10's I beleive. One inside the box and one on the outside mounted face to face. I liked the thoughts behind the concept, that was about it though.
Tim
Its kind of pointless now with all of the subwoofers that'll fit in small boxes.

Very few people like spending 2x as much on woofers for the same output, just to save the space.
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

falkenbd wrote:Its kind of pointless now with all of the subwoofers that'll fit in small boxes.
Very few people like spending 2x as much on woofers for the same output, just to save the space.
Yeah thats true. but then it was kinda innovative. Back then they were very few if any, space saving subs, so it was a good idea. I didn't like the whole 4 6x9 thing either. Although I do like the concept, I wouldn't go that way now, and probably wouldn't have then either.

Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

4 8's in that would be sweet.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

Bwcad1 wrote:4 8's in that would be sweet.

Tis true. You could probably get some decent sound out of it then.


hmmmm....


Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Post Reply