$400 at Visions. Guys name was/is Rob. I'm glad I found the dude. He knows what he talkin' about. He gave me about $200 bucks off everything so far.Ryan from Ohio wrote:Look decent. What did they run ya?
Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Components: The way to go!
- NorthQuad
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1183
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
- Location: Alberta, Canada
On these Alpine component crossovers there's a thing called attenuation control and I know nothing about it. Suprised? Don't be. Anyway, it's reads that there's 4 levels, or to be exact it reads like this... Attenuation Control: 4 - Level.
Does this level need to be manually set when the components are installed? Or is this a function that the crossover processes on it's own.
The crossovers will be behind the door panels and a pain in the arse to get to once installed. I'll have a hard time adjusting them if need be. So, if the level is something that needs to be manually set. Should it be on a certain level before the door panels cover them?
I should have researched this before now. The ride is already on it's way. I'm a dumb arse.
Does this level need to be manually set when the components are installed? Or is this a function that the crossover processes on it's own.
The crossovers will be behind the door panels and a pain in the arse to get to once installed. I'll have a hard time adjusting them if need be. So, if the level is something that needs to be manually set. Should it be on a certain level before the door panels cover them?
I should have researched this before now. The ride is already on it's way. I'm a dumb arse.
No you have to manually set it. I'm going to guess its for the tweeter, its so you can turn it down by x# db. You use it to balance the mid and tweet output. Depending on where you have the tweets mounted, especially if they are on axis, they can seem kinda bright. So you would turn it down a couple db till they output matches better.
Its another one of those try it and see what you like thing. I like a really balanced system, so I would probably turn it down a couple notches.
Its another one of those try it and see what you like thing. I like a really balanced system, so I would probably turn it down a couple notches.
- cheapaudio
- Senior Member
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:20 pm
- Location: southern ohio
- NorthQuad
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1183
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
- Location: Alberta, Canada
I wanted them mounted just behind the front kick panels. But I was afraid they'd find a way to screw it up somehow. Pretty friggin' bad that I have to worry about a "professional" install shop screwing up my stuff. I'll find out how they did in about 20 minutes. I hope I can post that they did a great job.
Visions, don't let me down again.
Visions, don't let me down again.
- NorthQuad
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1183
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Visions didn't disapoint this time. They did a fine job in fact. I'm happy, yay!
The components are Great! I can't believe how clear, crisp and LOUD they can get. I haven't even put them to the test. Honestly, there's no need, they get plenty loud at half volume. You can tell they're only being tickled at that volume.
I'm actually happy. To be straight with you, I was preparing myself for disapointment. I'm not a pessimistic kinda' guy but I was ready to hear distortion right off the bat. None what so ever. Sweet!
I owe it to the guys here at CAC. Your knowledge helped me make the proper decision.
Thanks big time guys!
The components are Great! I can't believe how clear, crisp and LOUD they can get. I haven't even put them to the test. Honestly, there's no need, they get plenty loud at half volume. You can tell they're only being tickled at that volume.
I'm actually happy. To be straight with you, I was preparing myself for disapointment. I'm not a pessimistic kinda' guy but I was ready to hear distortion right off the bat. None what so ever. Sweet!
I owe it to the guys here at CAC. Your knowledge helped me make the proper decision.
Thanks big time guys!
- NorthQuad
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1183
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Yeah, if I bought the PROS I'd have a hard time covering them up with a door panels. But still would to slow the thieves down.Jonathan wrote:Alpine has started making some really nice components. Those are good, the SPX pros are really nice as well. Some of the most flexible crossovers I've seen as well