Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Unique Whips unique install

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
Scarrell
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Carmi, Illinois

Post by Scarrell »

the Red Green Show kicked F'ing ass!! is that even on the air anymore? anyways.. thats sad that they do their installs that way, i wonder why they did that.. and didnt members of Alpine and JBL help them on a build or two? i wonder if they did jobs like that with them around.. hmm.. sadness..
joeyc
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Tulsa

Post by joeyc »

hell no, I bet when gary biggs was on there it was a good install. I also heard through the grapevine that biggs said reme(?) is a damn good installer. So it has to be that punk Castro causing all that crap. Thats terrible!! I don't even use duct tape on an install and I'm an Okie! I do carry a roll of it in my truck though :p
Morel Elate 3-ways ran by a Genesis Series III Dual-mono, Morel Ultimo ran by an Autotek mm3000.1, Alpine DVA-9861

JC's Customs
For all your stereo wants.......
Robert Wollenberg
Posts: 1386
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
Location: Abilene, Texas

Post by Robert Wollenberg »

I never even considered using duct tape on an install. I have used plumbers tape for a few things. And even an occassional piece of electrical tape. Although, one role of electrical tape lasts me like 10 years or more. Unless I loose it before then. Oh and zip ties. I like to zip tie things. lol.
Robert R. Wollenberg
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

Scarrell wrote:the Red Green Show kicked F'ing ass!! is that even on the air anymore?
I don't know about cable, but it's on PBS

Airforceyooper wrote:Oh and zip ties. I like to zip tie things
Hell yeah on the zip ties... one of my favorite install accessories :thumbsup
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
smoker
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
Location: florence, ky
Contact:

Post by smoker »

i use the shit out of tape, but then again, i do an assload of remote starts and i always tape the wires up into a "harness" so there arent wires every wherre....id say i use like 10 rolls on a good week....
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

you guys should get hooked up with my distributor. yesterday i got a deliver and it came with a playboy!
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Robert Wollenberg
Posts: 1386
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
Location: Abilene, Texas

Post by Robert Wollenberg »

Oh damn ... I bet I know who they are. They used to pack our shit with pornos. lmao!!! No shit. And when you call them, all the girls who answer the phone are named April or March, and mention their calendar. damn those were good days.
Robert R. Wollenberg
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

Didn't this topic come up before? I seem to remember chiming in about this.
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
User avatar
OnYrMrk
Posts: 2864
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by OnYrMrk »

I had to fire my installer, I found Ducttape on the back of my crossovers at a show...and I nearly lost because of that.

But now I have a better installer, one who will go to Finals with me this year. As we take both our vehicles.
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
slick94prix
Senior Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:58 am
Location: Maumee

Post by slick94prix »

smoker wrote:i use the shit out of tape, but then again, i do an assload of remote starts and i always tape the wires up into a "harness" so there arent wires every wherre....id say i use like 10 rolls on a good week....
Same here. On a normal remote start, I will use atleast a roll of electrical tape, if not more. We go through a box of 10 rolls of electrical tape about every 3-4 days. Lots of remote starts, and in general, just lots of stuff that needs to be hardwired in.
Post Reply